The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong

Title: The Awakening

Written by: Kelley Armstrong
Release date: May, 2009
Pages: 368
Source: Bought

My feelings:


Description:
If you had met me a few weeks ago, you probably would have described me as an average teenage girl—someone normal. Now my life has changed forever and I'm as far away from normal as it gets. A living science experiment—not only can I see ghosts, but I was genetically altered by a sinister organization called the Edison Group. What does that mean? For starters, I'm a teenage necromancer whose powers are out of control; I raise the dead without even trying. Trust me, that is not a power you want to have. Ever.
Now I'm running for my life with three of my supernatural friends—a charming sorcerer, a cynical werewolf, and a disgruntled witch—and we have to find someone who can help us before the Edison Group finds us first. Or die trying.

My Review:
If you had met me a few weeks ago, I probably would tell you that Twilight was one of my favourite paranormal series so far. Everything changed a week ago, when I read the first book, The Summoning in the Darkest Powers series. Don’t get me wrong I still adore Twilight, only not so much as I adore The Darkest Powers series.


The book starts where the Summoning ended. We follow Chloe and the other super naturals who are on the run for the Edison Group. There where allot of running, hiding out and dark nights in the book. It keeps you on your toes every time and even though your not part of the book you try to be silence as possible to not expose the teenagers.

In the Awakening we get to know Derek a lot better and he isn’t always that grumpy guy we used to know from the first book. He’s trying his best to protect Chloe and their relationship is getting better and better. I hope that this is going to continue in the next book, I really like Derek.

If you decided to read the books, I would recommend to buy all three of them in once. They all end with a great cliff hanger and the suspense for waiting for the other book to arrive was and it’s still is killing me.

Shy  – (10 mei 2010 om 04:08)  

Sounds like a really fascinating read to me. I'm going to try this series very soon as well and am hoping that it'll work as fine to me as it did to you! Great review and am glad that you mentioned the cliffhanger parts. I hate it when that happen and I don't have the second book in hand! Great review =)

Darlyn  – (10 mei 2010 om 04:31)  

yeah, I think I have the same feeling with you when I read a lot of paranormal genre lately. twilight always be one of my favourite but it seems i have love new books/series better than twilight. this one looks great too.i've read a lot of good reviews on this and glad you think so too. =)

Lea (YA Book Queen)  – (10 mei 2010 om 05:44)  

Hmm, I've got the first one on my shelf still...guess I should start reading it ;)

Great review!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (10 mei 2010 om 05:50)  

Yah! Book love rocks. While I didn't love the first book in the series, I really need to try this one.

Blodeuedd  – (10 mei 2010 om 07:29)  

I am not good with cliffhangers, I just finished one book today with a major one and I am on needles now

Lily Child  – (10 mei 2010 om 07:56)  

I allllmost picked these up the other day, but ended up buying a pile of books that was too large to include them. I will definitely be purchasing them in the future, thanks to your reviews! ;)

B.A.M. Book Reviews  – (10 mei 2010 om 08:01)  

Aw man this books sound fantastic. I have the first two and I plan on reading them sometime this summer :)

-Briana

Sullivan McPig  – (10 mei 2010 om 10:19)  

I love this series! I read the first two books last year and then had to wait till april to get the third book. It was agony!!

Cari  – (10 mei 2010 om 13:16)  

Wow what a great way to start a review. I have the first two books but haven't gotten around to reading them. I will add the to my June Reading list :) Thanks! Did you know the author is part of the Supernatural Summer Tour?

Christina/Book Addict  – (10 mei 2010 om 17:08)  

You have just convinced me to start this series; I have been meaning to for so long! Great review and I can't wait to pick up this series!

Little Miss Becky :)  – (10 mei 2010 om 20:16)  

I'm glad you like this one!! I really enjoy this series..I'm working on the last one now, and I am going to be so sad to see it end!

Shweta  – (10 mei 2010 om 22:29)  

I am yet to find a supernatural paranormal series I love :) I just keep hearing people rave about this series but have never read these. Will surely try and add them to my collection.

Cleverly Inked  – (11 mei 2010 om 05:44)  

I have not gotten these books yet. I do hear wonderful things though. I might just have to now. Great review

Nina  – (11 mei 2010 om 06:06)  

Cari: I didn't know that. That's so much fun! :)

Thank you all for your wonderful comments, I hope you are going to enjoy the series if you decide to read them. :)

....Petty Witter  – (11 mei 2010 om 07:34)  

Necromacer - I don't know why but I always want to giggle when I see this word. Hearing it spoken doesn't have the same effect - only when I see it written. Do any words make you react in this way?

Sarah (Book Reviews from Inside an Igloo)  – (11 mei 2010 om 08:07)  

Hey Nina :) If your a Derek fan, like myself, you'll love the third book!!! I'm glad you liked this series! The third book in my opinion is the best the only thing that bugged me was there was really long passages on suspense which bored me a bit, but all in all a good read :) great review!

Melissa  – (11 mei 2010 om 11:00)  

I'm glad you said to get the 3 at once. That is what I'm trying to do! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I want to get started on this series.

blueicegal  – (11 mei 2010 om 14:02)  

i loved this book deffo worth reading :)

Kris (Voracious YAppetite)  – (12 mei 2010 om 09:43)  

Haha I like your advice to buy them all at the same time. That's what is great about starting a series late--you don't have to wait months or even a year for the next one to come out! There are so many series that I'm dying to read the next books! I've only read the first in this series so far, but I've put the last two on hold at my library so hopefully they will come in soon. :D

vvb32 reads  – (12 mei 2010 om 10:03)  

i may have to do what you say ;-D good review.

mis(h)takes  – (14 mei 2010 om 12:16)  

I adore Kelley Armstrong. I skimmed through your review because I have yet to read The Summoning but I'm definitely planning on it. I'm glad book two went well for you =)

YA Vampire Books  – (19 mei 2010 om 03:57)  

Wow great review! You like this book better than twilight? I have to start reading this series now! I have both book 1 and book 3 sitting on my bookshelves, but I haven't picked them up yet - sounds like I have to do so right away!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP