I’ve Been Watching…


*I’ve Been Watching is a meme I’m doing every two weeks on Saturdays.

The Incredible Journey of Mary Bryant. It’s been a long time that I’ve been crying my eyes out, but oh my did I cried watching this amazing series. The series is about Mary Bryant, a young girl who was arrested for stealing food from a woman in the woods. Mary and other people who arrested are shipped to a new colony from Great Britain. On board she gives birth to a girl and finds the love of her live. When they finally board at the new colony, life is hard, there isn’t much food and a lot of people dye of starvation. Mary doesn’t want this to happen to her new born son, daughter and husband and decides to take matters into her own hands. Romola Garai plays Mary Bryant and I know, you already know, but for the people out there who don’t know yet, I’m such a huge fan of Romola! I truly believed that she was Mary and that Mary would do anything, and I mean anything to do save her children from the live on the colony. The series got me on the edge of the seat the whole time and I even screamed when they wanted to take off without Mary and her children. I hated Lieutenant Clarke (Jack Davenport) for being such a ass, I mean come on already, let her go. And then I loved, adored Will Bryant (Alex O’Loughlin). At the end he did the ultimate sacrifice for his love ones. Oh the end came in view and I didn’t wanted the story to end this way. Mary had what she wanted in the first place, but without her love ones. Have you ever watched a movie or series that was so emotional, you couldn't stop crying? This series did that to me!

If you haven’t seen this series, I recommend you do. Just watch this clip, it speaks for itself. Again I cried watching it. Now I’m off going to call my friend and talk about Richard Armitage!


Sullivan McPig  – (22 mei 2010 om 01:04)  

Not entirely sure if this is for me, but i might try watching it

Anna ♥  – (22 mei 2010 om 02:31)  

Awww, this sounds so heartwrenching. I've heard such great things about this miniseries before but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet. I just know now I'm going to bawl my eyes out from your review, LOL.

I always cry while watching emotional movies and series but I remember one especially where I spent the last few episodes crying through the whole episode nonstop, it was so sad. I'm glad to hear this is a great series, wonderful review! :D

Rhiannon Hart  – (22 mei 2010 om 02:45)  

Yay, Aussie series! Glad you loved it. It was very popular here.

Blodeuedd  – (22 mei 2010 om 04:00)  

I know, so sad! And some of those scenes were so horrible, I didn't even wanna watch them

Lizzy  – (22 mei 2010 om 09:02)  

This series sounds good, but a bit too sad for me. I cry during sad commercials, so a whole series might be too much haha. Glad you liked it!

Darlyn  – (22 mei 2010 om 09:35)  

Honestly, i havent watch the film..but i will try to find a dvd though.. =)

Kelsey  – (22 mei 2010 om 09:42)  

This sounds really interesting.. What a great clip!

Jenny N.  – (22 mei 2010 om 12:51)  

I havent heard about this series until I read your post, now I will google it and try to get some more info on it.

....Petty Witter  – (23 mei 2010 om 07:36)  

Sounds ideal - I shall keep an eye out for this. The tv series Roots about slavery on a plantation had just this effect on me.

Melissa  – (23 mei 2010 om 11:00)  

This sounds like a good one. I'll have to check it out! Thanks.

Darlyn  – (23 mei 2010 om 22:29)  

Hi Nina! I have an award for you girl!

http://darlynandbooks.blogspot.com/2010/05/blog-award-12-youve-made-difference.html

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (24 mei 2010 om 07:17)  

Romola is a phenominal actress and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Alex O'Loughlin. I must see this.

vvb32 reads  – (25 mei 2010 om 09:56)  

awww, this sounds like a good one for me to try.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP