My Worst Best Friend by Dyan Sheldon

Title: My Worst Best Friend
Written by: Dyan Sheldon
Release date: January, 2010
Pages: 320
Source: Won at Chicklish, thank you Luisa for the opportunity to win this book!

My Feelings:


Description:
Gracie and Savannah are best friends despite being totally different. Savannah is beautiful, outrageous and irresistible to the opposite sex. Gracie is shy, smart and would rather be learning about lizards than meeting boys. Together they make a great if surprising team and it seems like nothing could come between them but Gracie begins to question Savannah's reliance on lies and manipulation to get her own way and wonders whether her friend is quite as confident as she seems. When Gracie meets a boy she really likes, and Savannah comes between them, Gracie realizes that maybe it's time she started thinking for herself. The two friends may never be as close as they were but they've learned a great deal from each other. This is a witty and very funny story about friendship, keeping your own identity and moving on.

My Review:
Gracie and Savannah are what you call Soul Sisters, best friends who do everything together. Gracie is the shy one. She’s the one who wants to save the world and the environment. Savannah is the popular one, the girl who make heads turns when she enters a room and has no problem with communicating with the other gender. What do these girls have in common? Nothing at all and that makes the story so relatable. I mean we all had a friend in high school who’s the total opposite of yourself. I mean I had.

From the father to Cooper, all of the characters are so adorable. I loved the way Dylan described Cooper, he was way too quirky, but quirky in a good way. At some points Savannah’s character did annoy me. The girl keeps on lying, cheating and there’s a lot of OHMYGOD in her sentences. But the girl had something, something that makes Gracie as a friend believe in her goodness.

I wonder why we keep those friends and justify all the bad stuff they do. Is it because we want to believe that they couldn’t be that bad and that they must have had a good reason?

This was the first book I read written by Dylan Sheldon, but I looked the books up that she has written. And did you know that she has written ‘Confessions of a teenage drama queen?” and that it’s a series! I never knew that, I loved the movie with Lindsay Lohan, but I never knew that it was based on a book. I probably am going to check them out at the library or otherwise maybe even order a copy of the first book.

If you want a light, fun and quick book, definitely try this one out.

Blodeuedd  – (15 mei 2010 om 04:16)  

Cute and fun is nice sometimes :)
Nice review

Nina  – (15 mei 2010 om 04:19)  

Indeed, somethimes we need those books instead of the heavy stuff. :)

Jill of The O.W.L.  – (15 mei 2010 om 04:37)  

I think this is one the girls I teach would enjoy. And I agree with the other two - cute and fun and light are what we all need sometimes!

Christina/Book Addict  – (15 mei 2010 om 05:22)  

This sounds like a really cute book and one that my students would like. Sounds fun for summer! Great review! I will have to check this one out.

Lauren  – (15 mei 2010 om 05:44)  

Fab review! This definitely sounds super cute. I didn't actually know this author wrote Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen - I thought the movie of that was really fun, so I'd be interested in checking out the book too.

Darlyn  – (15 mei 2010 om 06:11)  

wow!i never know that.i love the movie too and lindsay, not till she totally stoned and all the silly stuff.*LOL*

thanks for sharing.this one sounds like a good book =)

Erika  – (15 mei 2010 om 07:36)  

sounds like a great summer read!

Sullivan McPig  – (15 mei 2010 om 09:19)  

It sounds like it has about the same kind of issues as one of her other books 'Tall, Thin and Blonde' which I love! Might check this one out.

fredamans  – (15 mei 2010 om 09:21)  

Great review! Adding to my list!

Milli  – (15 mei 2010 om 10:02)  

It sounds like a great summer vacation read:D

Melissa  – (15 mei 2010 om 11:42)  

Sounds like a cute read! Glad that you loved it!

Addicted Book Reader  – (15 mei 2010 om 18:03)  

Ooh sounds good. I've read Confessions... and the sequel and they are pretty good! I'll have to look into reading this now, thanks : )

Luisa at Chicklish  – (16 mei 2010 om 10:33)  

I'm really glad you enjoyed this book! (And you're welcome!) I loved it, and I could see Savanna's appeal to Gracie - she was charismatic and larger-than-life, and everything Gracie thought *she* should be. I think Dyan Sheldon's other books are great, too!

Nina  – (17 mei 2010 om 06:05)  

Thank you all for your lovely comments!

Lea (YA Book Queen)  – (17 mei 2010 om 10:34)  

Sounds like a cute book! Awesome review, Nina :)

vvb32 reads  – (18 mei 2010 om 09:35)  

this sounds like a cute book. and what grabs me are the pink shoes ;-D

YA Vampire Books  – (19 mei 2010 om 03:52)  

Love the cover of this one - it's adorable!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP