Viola in Reel Life by Adriana Trigiani

Title: Viola in Reel Life

Written by: Adriana Trigiani
Release date: September, 2009
Pages: 256
Source: Received by Luisa Playa

My Feelings:


Description:
When fourteen-year-old Viola is sent from her beloved Brooklyn to boarding school in Indiana for ninth grade, she overcomes her initial reservations as she makes friends with her roommates, goes on a real date, and uses the unsettling ghost she keeps seeing as the subject of a short film her first.

My Review:
When I read the lovely review that Luisa wrote, I immediately knew that this book was so right for me. I knew it would be a fun, cute and adorable book, filled with drama that teenagers can relate too. Luisa send me a copy of the book and I read it on my train rides to college and back home again. In three days I finished the book and it was everything I imagined it would be.

Viola is sent to live at Perfect Academy, a boarding school far away from home and friends, her parents are going to Afghanistan to make a documentary and they cannot take her with them. Viola is grumpy, doesn’t want to see the positive side of staying at PA at all, doesn’t want to get close to her three roommates and misses her friends and family a lot.

But when things changes during a breakfast in the morning and she realises she doesn’t want to be alone, her attitude changes. Viola was such a fun character, okay so in the beginning she was grumpy and not at all likeable, but during the chapters you really get to know her better.

I think a lot of teenagers can relate to Viola, or even one of her friends, especially the part about meeting your first love and how that makes you feel. I really enjoyed that part in the book, it was really fun described.
It was interesting to read that Viola’s hobby was filming. It made the story more fun, when a woman shows up on one the recording tapes Viola films she wants to find out who it was. I really liked this and made the story a little bit mysterious.

With a lovely pace, not to slow, but also not too fast, a cute plot, fun characters and a sweet cover I recommend this book who loves the above and adores chicklit.
A huge thank you to Luisa!!

Shweta  – (31 mei 2010 om 06:48)  

I have been seeing this book talked about a lot lately and have also seen some really good reviews for the author's other books. Will have to check it out.. Love the cover !

Robby  – (31 mei 2010 om 07:11)  

Adriana and her books are everywhere these days. Will definately be looking out for this.

Sarah  – (31 mei 2010 om 07:28)  

I liked this one too :) And I agree, Viola's hobby definitely adds something to the book. Great review!

Anna ♥  – (31 mei 2010 om 07:38)  

Aww, it sounds like a lovely read. Viola's hobby being filming sounds so interesting, I'm curious to see how that plays out in the book. I'm definitely checking this book out on my next trip to my bookstore. It sounds too cute to miss~ :D

Lea (YA Book Queen)  – (31 mei 2010 om 07:43)  

Great review! This one sounds so cute! It's nice that Viola is easy to relate to..I'll have to look for this one :)

Christina/Book Addict  – (31 mei 2010 om 13:22)  

Great review! I love this author and adore her adult books. I'm glad you liked this one; I wasn't sure if I should pick it up or not, but your review has convinced me! Hopefully I can read this one this summer!

Jenny N.  – (31 mei 2010 om 13:36)  

I have this one in my bookshelf and am hoping to get to it this summer.

Milli  – (31 mei 2010 om 14:09)  

It sounds like a very cute book!

Lauren  – (31 mei 2010 om 14:27)  

This does sound really cute and easy to relate to. I've been meaning to pick myself up a copy actually, and your review has reminded me exactly why. It sounds lovely!

Luisa at Chicklish  – (31 mei 2010 om 15:26)  

Great review - I'm so happy you enjoyed it!

Melissa  – (31 mei 2010 om 21:18)  

Sounds like a cute book. I'll have to recommend it to the tween I know. :)

....Petty Witter  – (1 juni 2010 om 04:47)  

Lots of my friends daughters have read this one, perhaps I'l read it one day.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (1 juni 2010 om 07:23)  

This one looks really good. I read brava valentine by her and I've been wanting to read this one too.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (1 juni 2010 om 08:46)  

Nice review :) Such a cute cover. I must say, I love the name Viola :)

Shy  – (1 juni 2010 om 09:16)  

Lovely one! I've read some glowing reviews on this one too and have been dying to read it. You've convince me that this is indeed an enjoyable read. And I think the cover of the book you featured above suit this book better than the other one!

Sarah  – (23 augustus 2010 om 13:50)  

Another great review hun, I enjoyed this one too :o) I've added your link to my review

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP