Allegra Fairweather: Paranormal Investigator by Janni Nell

Title: Allegra Fairweather: Paranormal Investigator
Written by: Janni Nell
Release date: July, 2010
Pages: 209
Source: Net Galley, Carina Press

My Feelings:


Description:
Allegra Fairweather here. Paranormal investigator. Got problems with specters? Shape shifters? I'm the woman to call. Just don't call me a Ghostbuster. The last guy who did that ended up flat on his back with my boot at his throat.
With my 99.5% success rate, solving the mystery of a bleeding rose that has sprung up on the shores of Loch Furness should have been an easy gig. But already I've heard the shriek of the local banshee, discovered two bodies (and then lost two bodies), and had a near-death encounter with a three-hundred-year-old ghost. And perhaps most dangerous of all, the hot pub owner who hired me now wants to show me exactly what's under his kilt.
Luckily, I'm ably assisted by my very own guardian angel. I'm grateful for his help-but he's also drop-dead gorgeous. A bit distracting when I've got a mystery to solve, and the clock is ticking...

My Review:
I think I found another kick ass series that I am going to follow. However the downfall is that it’s a e-book, so when I had to stop reading, I was sad I couldn’t take it with me on the train. But besides that I loved it.

Allegra Fairweather, isn’t that name so fun and it fits the girl so good, is a twenty five year old girl who has a unusual job. Yep that’s right, she’s a paranormal investigator, that tries to solve problems most people run far away from. Her step dad, a senator and mother decided not to expose the job from her daughter, just to be sure that it doesn’t cause problems for the senator. Her birth dad is out of the picture, and Allegra feels like she’s al alone. Well except that she has a guardian angel, Casper. And whenever danger shows up, he shows up as well. Allegra is a strong female character, I mean with a job like that you got to be, but she also has a sensitive side which we also get to know throughout the story.

When she finds herself across the ocean to solve a mysterious job, the problems become more bigger than she thought they first where. I have to admit that the mystery was really good, but it was quite easy to find out who the badass was. Nevertheless there was so much going on that I didn’t know how Allegra on her own would handle everything and solve the problems, this made me want to read on and on. .

The dialogue between the characters is witty and fun. I especially loved the dialogue between Casper and Allegra, it made me laugh out loud a few times. Why must there always be a forbidden love in such stories? They make me sad.

I hope that Janni Nell decides to make this e-book into a regular paper book, because a hardcover of this I would buy in a heart beat. Are you addicted to the paranormal world and would love to be a paranormal investigator like Allegra, this book is so up your alley. The ending is as amazing as the beginning and I cannot wait to see what comes next on the journey of Allegra. Janni Nell you got me hooked!

Natalie (Mindful Musings)  – (10 juni 2010 om 12:23)  

I've never heard of this one, but I think I'll have to give it a shot after reading your review! It sounds interesting! And I see you got it through NetGalley, which means I can download a copy to my E-reader. Yay! Thanks for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Andrea  – (10 juni 2010 om 12:24)  

Sounds really cool and so fun

Becky  – (10 juni 2010 om 12:34)  

Oh wow, the book sounds as good as the title. She even has a guardian angel who protects in her journey to solve the paranormal. I am so going to have to buy myself a copy of this. Great review Nina.

Blodeuedd  – (10 juni 2010 om 13:07)  

Sounds good, but yeah downside on the e-book thing. But great kick-ass review

Cleverly Inked  – (10 juni 2010 om 13:54)  

I still try not to do ebooks. I wonder is they plan to print it at all?

Jenny N.  – (10 juni 2010 om 18:44)  

It's my first time hearing about this book. Great review, I love forbidden romances but too bad its an e-book. Hopefully I'll be getting an e-reader soon then I can get this to read.

Nina  – (11 juni 2010 om 05:38)  

Thank you for the lovely comments.

Cleverly Inked: I'm not sure, but I don't think so. It's really too bad, because I would love to get a hardcover of this book.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (11 juni 2010 om 07:13)  

Hello! Saw your post over at Book Blogs. I really wish this book was in a paper format. I would love to get this book. It sounds like a great read! Lots of fun and action. Thank you! I am going to have to keep an eye for this to hopefully go in print so I can snag it up. :)

Erika  – (11 juni 2010 om 07:47)  

sounds like a great book! thanks for the review :)

Lily Child  – (11 juni 2010 om 09:58)  

Wow...that is quite the cover! I love the bold colors!

Btw...I have an award for you love! :)
http://lillybook.blogspot.com/2010/06/ramblings.html

Lizzy  – (11 juni 2010 om 12:26)  

This one sounds really fun. I love stories involving the paranormal. I hadn't heard of it before, but now I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the review :)

....Petty Witter  – (12 juni 2010 om 03:54)  

The very fact that this is an e-book puts me off. Surely publishers are missing out on such a huge chunk of the market by choosing to release books on just this format.

YA Vampire Books  – (12 juni 2010 om 13:28)  

Sounds awesome!! Great review. Where can I find the e-book? :P

Nina  – (19 juni 2010 om 06:18)  

Lily: Thank you for giving me an award! That's so sweet!

Petty Witter: I know! :) But maybe they will print it soon. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Ya Vampire Books: On Netgalley you can ask for a arc or take a look at their website Carina Press for more information.

Juju: Yes, please do. This book is wonderful.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP