Dutch Cover Alert

Normally on Wednesday, but because I have no time tommorow it's up today!
This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.

United States - The Netherlands

I adore that they still used the red umbrella on the cover of the Dutch book. That makes me think that they really thought about the cover. I really love the Dutch cover, it reminds me of Mary Poppins. I don't know why, but it just does. I really like that you can see the houses beneath the girls legs on the US cover. But overall I like the blue, the light on the umbrella and the umbrella on the Dutch cover.

Here you can find the description of the book!

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

Lauren  – (8 juni 2010 om 10:26)  

I'm not super crazy about either cover, but I do like the red umbrella on both. And I also think the Dutch title sounds pretty cool!

Darlyn  – (8 juni 2010 om 10:52)  

I cant pick!I love both ;p

Sullivan McPig  – (8 juni 2010 om 11:22)  

I like the dutch cover best. I think the houses at the bottom of the US cover should have been left out, they don't fit.

Blodeuedd  – (8 juni 2010 om 11:44)  

I prefer the US one, I just do :)

Cari  – (8 juni 2010 om 13:46)  

I like the US version.

CarlyB  – (8 juni 2010 om 14:36)  

Hi Nina,

I think I prefer the Dutch cover this time - mostly because of the lighting they've used.

In reply to the comment you left on my blog - the Picadilly Waterstones is HUGE, definitely one of the biggest in Europe. So many floors, it's well worth a visit!x

Jenny N.  – (8 juni 2010 om 16:49)  

They're both pretty similar but I'm going to have to go with the US one.

Lenore  – (9 juni 2010 om 01:03)  

I sent you an e-mail about the IBBMP - did you get it?

....Petty Witter  – (9 juni 2010 om 03:36)  

I don't particularly like either of these covers - why I don't know. Perhaps because the title and illustration don't seem to be connected in any way, I don't picture a red umbrella when I hear the word Nanny. Is it some kind of play on the fact that Mary Poppins (probably the most famous nanny of all)carried a black brollly?

Becky  – (9 juni 2010 om 08:16)  

I don't like the arm on the Dutch one LOL. I must be armist or something. I don't like the US one. It looks too sleek. I'm fussy!

Sarah  – (9 juni 2010 om 15:07)  

They're both eye-catching, and I agree with you about the blue on the Dutch cover, Nina--it's beautiful, light, and not such a harsh contrast as the red, black, and white US cover.

YA Vampire Books  – (9 juni 2010 om 15:43)  

I think I hae to go with the US cover this time!

Nina  – (11 juni 2010 om 05:39)  

That's so fun to hear your thoughts about the cover. A lot of you guys love the US cover. :)

Christina/Book Addict  – (11 juni 2010 om 08:21)  

I really like the Dutch cover as well. You are right---very Mary Poppins. I feel like the US one is trying to be scandalous or something. ha. :)

sRy_  – (12 juni 2010 om 13:18)  

In this case, I prefer the US one :)

notinthepink.com  – (14 juni 2010 om 03:13)  

I'm not a big fan of either (I wonder what the UK cover will look like) but I prefer the US one on this occasion.

~*~*~

Ceri

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP