Kisses for Lula by Samantha Mackintosh

Title: Kisses for Lula
Written by: Samantha Mackintosh
Release date: June, 2010
Pages: 360
Source: Received by Harper Collins UK

My Feelings:



Description:
This title features the hilarious twisting-turning plots and ludicrous escapades of a brand new star, Lula Bird! Lula Bird is gorgeous, funny and dreading her birthday because you can't turn 16 if you've never been kissed...So why does every boy in Hambledon run a mile the second she bats her eyelids? The fact is, they fear for their lives. Rumour has it Lula's been jinxed! And it's not as if that's her only problem: Lula thinks she has a stalker, her dad keeps sneaking out at night with a lady's handbag, and a mysterious theft is threatening to bring the town to its knees...

My Review:
When a package arrived at my house, imagine my surprise when I saw that this sweet book was in it. I haven’t heard anything about it, but one look at that adorable, pink cover I knew it was right for me. Okay, so pink is not my favourite colour, but it still shouts sweetness to me!

Lula Bird is fifteen year old and has mayor problems that she needs to solve before she turns sixteen. The girl has never been kissed, oh my, thinks someone is stalking her, what about that imagination and there’s something totally weird going on with her dad, can’t argue that. She has a couple of days before her birthday comes and with a reputation of being a jinx a kiss is the hardest problem she needs to take care of.
Thankfully there are two handsome boys who can be the possible candidates for Lula.

Lula Bird is such a fun character and with these teenage problems a lot of teenagers can relate to her. The arguments between Lula and her little sister are hilarious and so true. They reminded me of the arguments and fights I had with my older sisters.

The plot is cute and not at all predictable. I love that there are two candidates for her first kiss, but I was rooting the whole time for someone else. So imagine my surprise that it was someone else who kissed Lula.
The book is filled with short chapters and in every chapter something is going on. This made the book so much fun and easy to read. Also quite fast. I loved that I could take this book with me on the train and that I could end each chapter when I got out.

With fun dialogues, short chapters and a cute plot this book is right for every teenager on earth and for everyone who loves a lot of drama.

P.s. Wouldn’t Lula be the perfect little sister for Lola from the book/movie ‘Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen’?

sRy_  – (12 juni 2010 om 13:15)  

I'ld love to read it! ^_^

Blueicegal ♥  – (12 juni 2010 om 14:58)  

it sounds like a lovely light read , great review Nina :)

Kathrin  – (12 juni 2010 om 15:48)  

Oh, this sounds adorable! Thanks for the review, I have to add it to my wishlist.

Nicole  – (12 juni 2010 om 18:00)  

I have to tell you guys - I just found this blog, and I absolutely LOVE it. Good work!

Darlyn  – (12 juni 2010 om 20:31)  

She will a perfect Lola's sister ;p

✖Mizz Yasmin✖  – (12 juni 2010 om 20:44)  

This book sounds swell!
Great review and thank you.

grace  – (12 juni 2010 om 22:33)  

Great review! ^^ It makes me curious how things would unravel and what adventures Lula would get herself into. c:

Kris (Voracious YAppetite)  – (12 juni 2010 om 23:34)  

Aww this book sounds so cute! First kisses can be a harrowing but unforgettable experience. :-) Glad to hear that the boy you were rooting for got the kiss! Yay!

Becky  – (13 juni 2010 om 02:46)  

Great review Nina. I am so looking forward to reading this! Lula sounds like such fun.

YA Vampire Books  – (13 juni 2010 om 04:35)  

Sounds hilarious! Great review! Lula sounds like a great character

Sullivan McPig  – (13 juni 2010 om 07:53)  

sounds like a fun read. Thanks for the review

notinthepink.com  – (14 juni 2010 om 03:07)  

I really do like the sound of this. It sounds so cute and one that you can just relax into and have fun with. Thanks for the review, Nina. :D

~*~*~

Ceri

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (14 juni 2010 om 07:56)  

Sounds so cute. I love that name too :)

Sarah  – (14 juni 2010 om 15:21)  

Sounds cute :)

There is an award for you at my blog if you want it: http://bookduck.blogspot.com/2010/06/happiness-101.html

Hope you're having (educational) fun in Belgium!

Myrna Foster  – (14 juni 2010 om 17:30)  

This sounds like such a fun book, and I love your owls! Thanks for the review!

Jessica (BookLover)  – (16 juni 2010 om 12:12)  

This sounds like such a fun read. I'll have to pick it up sometime. :)

Lauren  – (16 juni 2010 om 16:12)  

Great review! I can't belive I haven't heard of this one before, since it sounds amazing!

Cass  – (17 juni 2010 om 02:53)  

Wow! I haven't heard of this title before, either. However, if your review is anything to go by, it sounds GREAT! The cover is very girly and pink, and that's not my thing, but I like the synopsis. Great review.

Grace  – (23 juni 2010 om 07:47)  

The plot sounds adorable not to mention fun and quirky! I'd love to try it out ;)

Haku  – (24 juni 2010 om 16:17)  

Hi, looks great and I like the shape you describe it, a funny books is awesome and read about teenage lifestyle is interesting too, thanks for the review!

Aik  – (3 juli 2010 om 05:21)  

Sounds like a fun, interesting book! Please visit my blog to read Impact of The Hunger Games (On Me)

http://bit.ly/bMnXg3

Ayalguita  – (6 juli 2010 om 02:34)  

It seems like a good read! :-)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP