My Double Life by Janette Rallison

Title: My Double Life
Written by: Janette Rallison
Release date: May, 2010
Pages: 265
Source: Received from my mentor Lenore (IBBMP)

My Feelings:


Description:

Her whole life, Alexia Garcia has been told that she looks just like pop star Kari Kingsley, and one day when Alexia’s photo filters through the Internet, she’s offered a job to be Kari’s double. This would seem like the opportunity of a lifetime, but Alexia’s mother has always warned her against celebrities.

Rebelliously, Alexia flies off to L.A. and gets immersed in a celebrity life. Not only does she have to get used to getting anything she wants, she romances the hottest lead singer on the charts, and finds out that her own father is a singing legend. Through it all, Alexia must stay true to herself, which is hard to do when you are pretending to be somebody else!

My Review:
When you ask teenage girls what they dream about, a lot of them would say a celebrity life, full of glitz, glamour and designer clothes. A life in the spotlight. They don’t think about the drama, the pressure and the media that comes along with it. Neither does Alexia...at first.

Alexia’s character was really sweet and you could tell that she wanted only the best for others and herself. She was also very independent, smart and very grounded. A character that a lot of girls can relate too.

This book is filled with drama and it makes you want to read it even faster than you already are. Questions keep popping in your mind when she makes the wrong decision over and over again while trying to be true to herself. Is there going to be a happy ending for Alexia? Can love survive the lies?

I have to say that the writing is very good. It was easy to read and the characters were well developed. The comments of the grandmother were hilarious. They made me laugh several times very loud.

This book is the first one that I read written by Janette Rallison and I loved it. I took a look at her website and it made me add some more to my growing list of books.

All in all, I adored the book and I believe it’s perfect for the summer. It’s easy, light, fun and heart-warming. A story that makes you fall in love with the characters and hope for a happy ending.

Kelsey  – (24 juni 2010 om 07:22)  

Nice review, I'm so glad you liked this! I loved the one book of Janette's I read (Just One Wish) and can't wait to move this up in my TBR!

Nina  – (24 juni 2010 om 07:24)  

I haven't read Just One Wish, but I love the cover of it. Very blue!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (24 juni 2010 om 08:00)  

Great review!! I really want to read this! :)

Darlyn  – (24 juni 2010 om 08:46)  

Great review!I have read good reviews on this one and hope I'll read it soon ;p

Myrna Foster  – (24 juni 2010 om 10:49)  

This looks great, Nina! Thanks for the recommendation!

miss cindy :)  – (24 juni 2010 om 11:00)  

I've been considering picking this one up, it sounds pretty good. Great review :)

Luisa at Chicklish  – (24 juni 2010 om 12:02)  

I love the sound of this! Thanks for the great review.

Blodeuedd  – (24 juni 2010 om 12:35)  

Nice review, it does sound like a good one :)

Shy  – (24 juni 2010 om 13:21)  

I've never really heard of this author before but the premise of this book sounds interesting. It has been awhile since last time I read something like this. Thanks for recommending =)

Jessica (BookLover)  – (24 juni 2010 om 13:54)  

Thanks for bringing this book to my attention. I'll have to add it to my summer reading list! I enjoyed your review. :)

Brianne  – (24 juni 2010 om 13:58)  

It sounds fun! Lovely review! :)

Kris (Voracious YAppetite)  – (24 juni 2010 om 14:25)  

I've been wondering what bloggers think of this book but I haven't seen any reviews of it except for yours. Sounds like a great summer read! Kind of similar to Meg Cabot's recent series, too. Thanks for the review!

Jenny N.  – (24 juni 2010 om 22:20)  

This one looks good, I've only read one other book by Janette Rallison.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (25 juni 2010 om 09:39)  

I loved this one too :) I just love this writer. She always rocks my socks.

....Petty Witter  – (26 juni 2010 om 06:00)  

Sounds like it could be worth a read, thanks for mentioning it.

Blueicegal ♥  – (26 juni 2010 om 06:42)  

not sure if its my kind of book, but sounds like you really enjoyed :)

YA Vampire Books  – (26 juni 2010 om 07:00)  

Great review! This one sounds really good!

Lauren  – (3 juli 2010 om 18:15)  

Awesome review! I read this one a couple of months ago and loved it a lot. Also, if you're looking for more books to read by this author, you should add Just One Wish to your list. It's such a great book as well.

Nina  – (4 juli 2010 om 05:10)  

Lauren: I really want to read Just One Wish, I looked it up and it looked and sounded very good. Thank you for your comment!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP