Shadow of the Vampire by Meagan Hatfield

Title: Shadow of the Vampire
Written by: Meagan Hatfield
Release date: July, 2010
Pages: 368
Source: Net Galley, Harlequin

My Feelings:


Description:
Vampire princess Alexia Feodorovna has been undead for 125 years, so it's been a while since any man has made her pulse race. Until Declan Black. One look at his bronzed body and a fire like no other consumes her. Then she discovers that he's a dragon lord come to take revenge on the vamps who killed his parents. And claim a crystal said to imbue its owner with incredible powers. Alexia is ordered to torture and kill the dragon lord. Yet with each reckless encounter, she finds herself consumed by his fiery passion. A passion Declan battles, as well. Will he be able to resist the fire of lust she kindles within him and keep revenge in his heart? Or will he risk everything to quench the burning desire and claim the vampire as his own?

My Review:
Can I hear a woohoo!! So as you know the book is not my usual type to read. I only have read one book that kind of reminds me of this one and it’s called ‘A Highlander’s Temptation’ by Sue-Ellen Welfonder. I enjoyed that book a lot, so when I looked some books up at net-galley I decided to give this one a try. Oh my, am I glad I did that.

There are three groups living in this world, first there are the people, second the vampires and third the dragons. The people live in total oblivion, but the vampires and dragons know of each other and hate each other guts.

Vampire princess Alexia lives with her mother and almost step dad underneath, hidden from the sunlight. The dragons live high above in a cave. The details about these two places are really good described and you feel like you are there with the characters. When the vampires kill the queen and king of the dragons, their son Declan seeks revenge.

But in his journey to kill the vampires he get captures and the journey begins. He meets Alexia and they feel this strong connection to each other. I loved their connection and the scenes between them are very well written and GOOD!

Declan is as strong as Alexia and they both have been trough a lot. Alexia is brave, fierce and seriously can kick some major ass. They where just perfect for each other. Also I loved the sister of Declan and the whole time I couldn’t wait to read what she thought of the whole situation. I’m so glad that the second book is going to be about her. I just have to mention this, that she did made a huge mistake in the book! If you read it, you know what I mean.

The story begins with an action scene and seriously it never stops with the action. I loved it. It got me hooked from the beginning and when I had to stop because I had to go to work or college I didn’t want to stop. The story is so addicted, there is just so many going on that you cannot let it go.

This book is going to be bought, because I just adore it. I would recommend this to everyone who loves a story packed with action, strong characters, hot steamy scenes and again action!

....Petty Witter  – (6 juni 2010 om 05:06)  

WOOHOO!!!! - is that alright for you?

Nina  – (6 juni 2010 om 05:33)  

Yes, thank you Petty Witter. :P

Becky  – (6 juni 2010 om 06:09)  

Great review Nina. This one sounds kid of unusual. I don't think I know of any other books where both vampires and dragons exist. I really like the sound of the action and the steaminess.

Sullivan McPig  – (6 juni 2010 om 06:49)  

Sounds cool. Thanks for the review.

Blodeuedd  – (6 juni 2010 om 09:09)  

A dragon and a vampire, not that sounds very cool :)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (6 juni 2010 om 17:31)  

Wow!! Hot cover!! I loved your review!!

Jenny N.  – (6 juni 2010 om 19:28)  

Great reivew, I might look this up at NetGalley. I used to read a lot of romance books until I got into YA.

Cari  – (7 juni 2010 om 06:42)  

Great review and what a racy cover! Love!!!

Darlyn  – (7 juni 2010 om 11:49)  

WooooHO!That's in unusual but pretty interesting try ;p

Kris (Voracious YAppetite)  – (7 juni 2010 om 16:14)  

Lol this sounds like paranormal romance as its steamiest. I've dabbled in the genre a little bit and found some books and authors I like. Might have to give this one a shot!

YA Vampire Books  – (8 juni 2010 om 03:06)  

Wow great review! I'll keep my eyes open for this one!

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP