The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

Title: The Body Finder
Written by: Kimberly Derting
Release date: March, 2010
Pages: 372
Source: Received from my mentor Lenore (IBBMP)

My Feelings:


Description:
Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her morbid secret ability. While the sixteen-year-old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend since childhood, she is more disturbed by her “power” to sense dead bodies—or at least those that have been murdered. Since she was a little girl, she has felt the echoes the dead leave behind in the world . . . and the imprints that attach to their killers.

Violet has never considered her strange talent to be a gift; it mostly just led her to find dead birds her cat had tired of playing with. But now that a serial killer has begun terrorizing her small town, and the echoes of the local girls he’s claimed haunt her daily, she realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.

Despite his fierce protectiveness over her, Jay reluctantly agrees to help Violet on her quest to find the murderer—and Violet is unnerved to find herself hoping that Jay’s intentions are much more than friendly. But even as she’s falling intensely in love, Violet is getting closer and closer to discovering a killer . . . and becoming his prey herself.

My Review:
The cover of the Body Finder didn’t quite make me jump to read this book. Again talk about cover love. I know it’s very bad to judge a book by it’s cover, but I just can’t help it. Fortunately the description did make me want to read it.

The story is told in the third person and it’s intertwined with short chapters that are told trough the eyes of the killer. To read about the hunt for girls through the eyes of the madmen made the book very suspenseful and creepy in that he’s telling us how he gets a kick out of it.

Violet is a strong female character. She’s not one to be pushed around and say nothing about it. I truly loved that about her. She’s got a mind of her own and a very stubborn one too. Jay was great too. He’s like the best friend ever, very protective. I liked that they were friends first and that the romance came later.

The relationship that the family members had with each other was another thing that I liked. There are so many young adult books where the parents are absent or just don’t care, but this was not the case in the Body Finder.

The Body Finder has all the right amounts of ingredients to keep a reader like me glued to the pages. I only have one more thing to say and that is: go get yourself a copy of this fantastic book!

Christina/Book Addict  – (6 juli 2010 om 06:42)  

I loved this book and I am so glad you enjoyed it as well. I agree that the family members in this book were actively involved (finally!) b/c there are so many books out there w/ absent parents. You are so right! Great review!

Jessica (BookLover)  – (6 juli 2010 om 12:48)  

Well put! I couldn't help but be glued to the pages, too. I'm so glad you enjoyed this one! I can't wait for the release of book 2; it's such a long wait.

Melissa  – (6 juli 2010 om 14:18)  
Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.
Lizzy  – (6 juli 2010 om 17:45)  

Great review! I didn't like this one quite as much as you did, but I did enjoy it. I'll definitely be picking up the sequel. I agree about the cover, if it hadn't been for the really interesting synopsis, I may not have picked it up.

Jenny N.  – (6 juli 2010 om 22:00)  

Nice review. I liked seeing that Violet had good relations with her family too.

....Petty Witter  – (7 juli 2010 om 06:28)  

Thanks for the recommendation, I shall look out for it in the library.

Blodeuedd  – (7 juli 2010 om 06:56)  

I will keep this book in mind after this great post :)

miss cindy :)  – (7 juli 2010 om 11:42)  

Can't wait to read this, awesome review :)

Ladybug  – (9 juli 2010 om 03:21)  

Lovely review! I have a copy of this book but I haven't dared to pick it up yet. I'm afraid to be disappointed.

YA Vampire Books  – (9 juli 2010 om 15:40)  

Great review! I've read so many great things about this book, still I haven't read it.. why?

Lily Child  – (12 juli 2010 om 16:38)  

I definitely have to read this one! I bought it a while ago and it's been sitting on the shelf ever since! Wonderful review! :)

Sarah  – (3 oktober 2010 om 08:14)  

Great review Nina, I really can't wait to read this one! :o)

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP