Changeless by Gail Carriger

Title: Changeless
Written by: Gail Carriger
Release date: March, 2010
Pages: 374
Source: Bought

My feelings:


Description:
Alexia Tarabotti, now Lady Maccon, awakens in the wee hours of the mid-afternoon to find her husband, who should be decently asleep like any normal werewolf, yelling at the top of his lungs. Then he disappears -- leaving her to deal with a regiment of supernatural soldiers encamped on her doorstep, a plethora of exorcised ghosts, and an angry Queen Victoria.

But Alexia is armed with her trusty parasol, the latest fashions, and an arsenal of biting civility. Even when her investigations take her into the backwaters of ugly waistcoats, Scotland, she is prepared: upending werewolf pack dynamics as only a soulless can.

She might even find time to track down her wayward husband, if she feels like it.

My Review:
The day I was at the Elf Fantasy Fair, me and my best friend took a little walk. There where a lot of bookstalls and one book got my attention. I noticed that it was the second book in the Parasol Protectorate series and I told my friend I had to have it. So of course I bought it. Soulless was a great read and I wondered if Changeless could top the first book. I can honestly say that it has.

How can you not adore Alexia? She always says what’s on her mind, brutal honesty can be sometimes a curse, is the loving and caring friend, does not care whatsoever what others think of her sense of style and food is one of her closest friends.

The dialogue between Ivy and Alexia is just hilarious and lightens the book. I also love the dialogues between Alexia and Conall. Even though there is not a lot of talking going around when they are together. (You know what I mean)

I liked the plot of this book a lot. The mystery that Alexia had to resolve was a real tough one. I couldn’t put the book down, until I knew what it was. Even though there where some clues given in the story who the villain was, I seriously had no idea till the very end. Have I told you already, that I’m not very good at solving mysteries.

The ending left me with my mouth dropped open. I seriously was surprised at how a person reacted to the well, let’s say pleasant news. I do hope that there is going to be a happy ending in the third book. My hands are itching for Blameless. Yes, for all the folks that haven’t read Changeless yet, it ends with a cliff-hanger.

Ky  – (10 augustus 2010 om 06:31)  

O.O AH! Not cool! I'm a little over halfway!!!! I know there's some major change with Alexia/Connal but that's only because I read the synopsis for Blameless. :/ And no matter how hard I try something ALWAYS pops up to stop me from finishing it! It's horrid! GRrr! Well glad you still thought it was amazing! I need to finish it!

Blodeuedd  – (10 augustus 2010 om 06:38)  

Eeeeek. I know! If I don't Blameless this instance I will die..I think I have to go to the bookstore and preorder but they are so lazy and it comes a month after it is realized anyway

Nina  – (10 augustus 2010 om 07:04)  

Ky: So sorry, lol. You have to stop blogging and read further. You will love it.

Blodeuedd: I have to get Blameless too, I seriousley cannot wait!!!

Darlyn  – (10 augustus 2010 om 07:07)  

Okay, I have not read this either. i won the series and waiting for blameless to be released. hope i can be that patient!LOL

Cari  – (10 augustus 2010 om 09:48)  

Sounds like a great book!

Melissa  – (10 augustus 2010 om 09:57)  

Oh no!! Not another cliffhanger! I have the first book screaming at me to read it. Maybe I'll wait until I have the first 3... hmm...

Lizzy  – (10 augustus 2010 om 10:16)  

I enjoyed this one, too. I'm hoping for a happy ending, and I think that we'll get one. Now I'll just have to wait until the third book gets released. Great review :)

Jessica (BookLover)  – (10 augustus 2010 om 14:36)  

I'm glad you're enjoying this series. :) I still need to pick up book 1.

Natalie (Mindful Musings)  – (10 augustus 2010 om 17:37)  

Loved the first one, but I haven't gotten around to Changeless yet. Glad to hear that you liked it!

Lily Child  – (10 augustus 2010 om 23:26)  

I am so glad you enjoyed this one! I just adore the series! I can't wait for Blameless to come out in September! :)

Blueicegal ♥  – (11 augustus 2010 om 05:05)  

okay im really liking the sound of this book, i might just have to get my hands on the previous thanks for the fab review hun ;)

Sarah  – (11 augustus 2010 om 13:15)  

This series looks good :) Glad to hear you liked it, and thanks for the review! I'll have to check them out sometime.

YA Vampire Books  – (2 september 2010 om 09:16)  

Alexia is such a fun character! :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP