The Dark Divine by Bree Despain

Title: The Dark Divine
Written by: Bree Despain
Release date: December, 2009
Pages: 372
Source: Received for Review, Egmont Books

My Feelings:


Description:
A Prodigal Son
A Dangerous Love
A Deadly Secret

Grace Divine—daughter of the local pastor—always knew something terrible happened the night Daniel Kalbi disappeared and her brother Jude came home covered in his own blood.

Now that Daniel's returned, Grace must choose between her growing attraction to him and her loyalty to her brother.

As Grace gets closer to Daniel, she learns the truth about that mysterious night and how to save the ones she loves, but it might cost her the one thing she cherishes most: her soul.

My Review:
I received The Dark Divine a couple of weeks ago and I’m glad that I didn’t waited to long to read it.

The story is told trough Grace Divine. A 16 year old girl whose father is a pastor. Grace is not exactly following in her fathers footsteps, but the goodness is all over her. She only needed a pink dress, a wand, and maybe even some sparkles. She kind of felt na├»ve at some points, she did what everyone told her too and it didn’t feel like she made her own decisions. Even though it felt like this in the beginning I have to say that the character changed throughout the story and became stronger.

Daniel was another wonderful character in The Dark Divine. He played the perfect bad boy and the mystery around him was sometimes unbearable.

Immediately after reading the first couple of pages there where some questions that needed to be answered. Who was this Daniel guy and why did he disappeared a couple of years ago? The mystery behind the bad boy begins on the first pages and it will make you flip trough the pages like a mad person to find out the truth.

Bree Despain has done a wonderful job creating this world with werewolves. It wasn’t something I already read before, and therefore it felt really unique.

The Dark Divine is one of the best things I’ve read in a while. It has the action, unforgettable characters and the next best thing to all this a great story line.

Kelsey  – (26 augustus 2010 om 06:59)  

I've had this on my TBR for awhile- it looks terrific! Great review :)

Jillian  – (26 augustus 2010 om 07:08)  

Yay glad you liked it too :) I loved it! I thought it was so unique, and very unexpected.

Melissa  – (26 augustus 2010 om 07:09)  

I'm so glad you loved TDD, too! I was so excited when it first came out, and when I went to the launch, Bree said they originally tried to get rid of the Prodigal Son reference...can you imagine?! Brilliant review :)

Darlyn  – (26 augustus 2010 om 07:41)  

I am looking forward to read TDD. Glad you love it and hope by the time i read it, i will also find it amazing =)

Blodeuedd  – (26 augustus 2010 om 10:20)  

I am glad you enjoyed this one so much, it does sound like good YA

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (26 augustus 2010 om 11:21)  

O I just love this book. I can't wait for the next one. AWESOME review :)

Ladybug  – (26 augustus 2010 om 13:24)  

I'm glad you enjoyed the story, Nina. I was somewhat disappointed myself.

Melissa  – (26 augustus 2010 om 14:24)  

Oh, I've had this one on my wishlist for a while. Thanks for the review. Looks great.

Jenny N.  – (26 augustus 2010 om 16:28)  

Have this one on my shelves and want to start it soon since the second book is coming out at the end of the year.

YA Vampire Books  – (2 september 2010 om 11:47)  

GREAT review! I've been wanting to read this book for so long, and I can't belive I haven't bought it yet!

Lily Child  – (2 september 2010 om 22:22)  

Wow! One of the best books you've read in a while? I need to put this on my tbr list! Great review! :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP