Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Title: Hush Hush
Written by: Becca Fitzpatrick
Release date: October, 2009
Pages: 391
Source: Won at Wondrousreads

My Feelings:


Description:
For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

My Review:
I am so glad that I had the opportunity to win Hush Hush at an international contest from Wondrous reads. I could finally read the most expecting book from 2009 and it’s truly unbelievable that I have waited so long. Hush Hush was an entertaining story, but with the big hype around it and my expectations I also felt a little bit disappointed.

The main character, Nora Grey, was an okay heroine. The author did not portrayed Nora as a girl with her heads in the clouds, but as a steady character who had her life kind of in balance and wanted to stay away from bad things in life. There comes the but, I truly hated it that she did not listen to her inner voice telling her not to meet Patch or even lay eyes on him. She just could not stay away, and even with this making the story more fun, I wanted her to just for once listen to it.

Patch was very mysterious and secretive. I liked his character, but could not see what was so bad about this guy. Did he really did something bad? Or is he a bad boy because of his behaviour to Nora, which kind of was very rude at points.

The pace of the story was not that fast. It didn’t bother me quite as much as I thought it would be. But sometimes it just did. I was very entertained, but I could easily put the book down and forget about it. It didn’t made me feel like I needed to know the secret behind Patch, because really the first couple of pages already told me who he was.

Hush Hush was not packed with action, it most of all had the mystery nailed down.

All in all, even with the slow pacing and the lack of action, it remains an entertaining mysterious story. I will continue this series, just because I am curious how their relationship will develop. And to all you Edward lovers, Edward is still number one, sorry Patch.

Darlyn  – (16 augustus 2010 om 01:47)  

Opps.. This one is kind of one of my anticipating book of the year!I'm sorry it seems a let down. Hope Crescendo will be better =)

Blodeuedd  – (16 augustus 2010 om 02:05)  

slow pace, hm, lol I guess I didn't notice cos it was such an easy ya book to read

Nina  – (16 augustus 2010 om 04:19)  

Darlyn: I hope so too. ;)

Blodeuedd:
Yeah! It was an easy book to read. I think that a lot of readers just loved it or hated it. I'm in between. ;)

Cari  – (16 augustus 2010 om 06:12)  

Ah :( Hush Hush was one of my favorites. I'm reading Cresendo right now.

Nina  – (16 augustus 2010 om 07:59)  

Cari: I hope you are enjoying Cresendo. I hope it's good! ;)

Melissa  – (16 augustus 2010 om 11:19)  

I have Cresendo on my tbr and still need to read this one. At least you said it was entertaining. That is hopeful. :)

Michelle  – (16 augustus 2010 om 13:02)  

See, I thought it was a super quick read filled with tons of mystery. That's why I love sharing/reading book reviews. It's so interesting to see everyone's varying opinion. I agree in regards to Nora and also Patch's behavior. I think he's hiding stuff still so maybe he is bad at heart? We'll find out I guess . ;)

Marce  – (16 augustus 2010 om 13:12)  

I still haven't decided if I want to try this one or not. Hope you enjoy the next one better.

You must get The Prophecy Sisters

Sheila (Bookjourney)  – (16 augustus 2010 om 16:25)  

I enjoyed this book a lot when i read it. It was fun to read your review here.

notinthepink.com  – (16 augustus 2010 om 16:47)  

I do like your review. It's refreshing to see something diplomatic and not all-out singing its praises. I have this on my wishlist and it's been there a while. I can't wait to see what I think.

~*~*~

Ceri

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (16 augustus 2010 om 17:04)  

i'm glad to hear your side on this one!! i still haven't read it!

Jenny N.  – (16 augustus 2010 om 18:08)  

I felt the same way after reading this one considering that there was so much hype and promotion for this book. That aside I still want to read Crescendo to see where the story will go.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (16 augustus 2010 om 19:09)  

Great review. I didn't love Patch but I enjoyed the writing :)

Jenny  – (18 augustus 2010 om 08:40)  

I did enjoy this one, I think the first books in series can be hard sometimes with trying to set everything up for the future installments:) I'm excited for Crescendo though!

Lily Child  – (18 augustus 2010 om 11:13)  

I am glad you enjoyed it. I agree, the pacing was a bit slow at times. I am still looking forward to the follow up Crescendo! :)

Melissa  – (18 augustus 2010 om 14:30)  

I quite liked this book, and I read it right after Fallen, which made it seem a heck of a lot better. Brilliant review :)

Cleverly Inked  – (21 augustus 2010 om 08:06)  

Wow, you had to wait a while. So glad you finally got your hands on it.

Mishel (P.S. I Love Books)  – (22 augustus 2010 om 08:26)  

I think I was expecting too much when I read this book. Maybe it was the cover that made me think I was going to read a package of awesomeness. All in all it was an okay read for me.

I admit though it left me wanting to read Crescendo, so I say Hush, Hush definitely delivered something to make me want more.

Sarah  – (23 augustus 2010 om 13:39)  

Great review Nina, like you I was a bit disappointed with this one & I really didn't like Nora's best friend! I'm still curious enough to want to read Crescendo though. I've added your link to my review :o)

Nina  – (24 augustus 2010 om 01:33)  

Mishel: I had that too! My expectations where a little bit too high.

Sarah: No problem! Thank you for adding my link to your review! I appreciate it. ;)

YA Vampire Books  – (2 september 2010 om 10:24)  

Nice review! Just like you - I had too high expectations on this book! It was good, but not excellent!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP