In My Mailbox (25)

Every Sunday or Saturday (depends on how I feel) I will show you the books that I bought, received or borrowed! This meme/idea is hosted by TheStorySiren.

The Books that I RECEIVED are:
- Candor by Pam Bachorz (Egmont Books, Harper Collins Publishers)
- Death In The Desert by Jim Eldridge (Egmont Books, Harper Collins Publishers)
- Martha No! by Edward Hardy & Deborah Allwright (Egmont Books, Harper Collins Publishers)
- Forget-Her-Nots by Amy Brecount White (International Book Tours)
- Passing Strange by Daniel Waters (http://www.non-fiction-books.co.uk/) Leanee Briggs

The Books that I BOUGHT are:
- Pastoralia by George Saunders
- All My Friends Are Super Heroes by Andrew Kaufman
- Fallen by Lauren Kate
- Wildthorn by Jane Eagland
- Soulstice by Simon Holt
- Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon

The Book that I WON is:
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green ( The Book On The Hill) Thank you Charlotte!!



Candor by Pam Bachorz
Love the cover of this book. So sticky. I can’t wait to start this one. I have read a couple of the reviews for this book in 2009 and they where all positive. Sounds like the movie with Nicole Kidman, but than with teenagers.

Death In The Desert by Jim Eldridge
I really enjoyed reading Jungle Kill. It wasn’t exactly up my alley, but still I liked it. I’m curious to read Death In The Desert and find out if the group is still so tight.

Thank you Egmont books for sending me these awesome books and I cannot wait to start reading them.

Passing Strange by Daniel Waters
I like the cover of this book. I have not read the first two books in the series, but still I am going to give it a try. If I like it, I probabley will buy the first two books. Let's see how it's goes.

Thank you Leanee Briggs for contacting me! Zombies are always fun to read about.


Soulstice by Simon Holt
I read the first book in this series in January. I really enjoyed reading it, even though it was scary. I really want to continue this series, so I thought why not buy it.

Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon
The description made me want to have this one really bad.

Fallen by Lauren Kate
I love the cover of this book. It’s so haunting, mysterious and sort of romantic.
I saw this book at the American Bookstore in Amsterdam, but it was way to expensive to buy it. Thank you London for having the paperback copy, so yes, I bought it. And it’s about angels. Hello!!

Wildthorn by Jane Eagland
I’ve been seeing this cover at some wow posts and I already added it to my tbrlist. I love the Victorian era and this sounds like a perfect young adult book when college starts.

When I bought these books I met Becky from the Bookette and Caroline from Portrait from a woman. Thank you for meeting up with me during my stay in London and I loved seeing you two in person. Hopefully we can meet again soon.

Another trip to Waterstones..


Pastoralia by George Saunders
I was at Waterstones with two of my friends from school and I told them I needed to find a thin book. A thin book, so I could read and finish it at the airport. I found this one and it sounded great. I read it on the airport and it was very, very entertaining. Review is coming very soon.

All My Friends Are Super Heroes by Andrew Kaufman
I saw a shelf with books that had some classics on it. One of the books that stood out was this one. I convinced myself that one book wasn’t enough for the airport and I bought this one as well. I didn’t read it at the airport, but I think it sounds funny. Also I love that it’s a classic I never heard about before.

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
An Abundance is going to be the first book that I’m going to read that is written by John Green. I have heard so many great things about this author, that I’m truly excited to find out if I am going to like his writing too. We’ll just have to wait and see.
Won at The Book On the Hill!

Blodeuedd  – (8 augustus 2010 om 06:32)  

A great week for you :D Enjoy all those books, and I hope you like Fallen more than I did

Michelle  – (8 augustus 2010 om 07:48)  

Wow, awesome haul of books! You received so many that I can't wait to read. Hope you enjoy! :)

Darlyn  – (8 augustus 2010 om 08:18)  

A very great mailbox you have!I love when my mailbox full of books!

notinthepink.com  – (8 augustus 2010 om 11:30)  

What a great loot of books you've got. :D Congrats on the competition win too!

~*~*~

Ceri

Rhiana  – (8 augustus 2010 om 11:33)  

i really want to read Candor BUT I hate the cover...it scares me too much! I've read the first few chapters of Wildthorn and so far so good!

Jenny N.  – (8 augustus 2010 om 11:46)  

Nice mailbox this week. I read Forget Her Nots and liked it and want to start reading Fallen soon. Happy reading this week!

geekyreads  – (8 augustus 2010 om 13:32)  

Passing Strange has such a beautiful cover!

Lea (YA Book Queen)  – (8 augustus 2010 om 14:08)  

Nice books! FHN's is a cute novel,

Hope you enjoy them all! =)

Alexia561  – (8 augustus 2010 om 14:43)  

Congratulations on having such a full mailbox this week! Lots of great books! I love the sound of All My Friends Are Super Heroes, as I've never heard of that one before yet it's considered a classic. Will keep an eye out for your review!

Happy reading!

pirate penguin  – (8 augustus 2010 om 20:01)  

Wow, you certainly have your own reasons to smile too! ;) Enjoy those books!!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (9 augustus 2010 om 03:45)  

i can't wait to hear what you think of wildthorn!! enjoy your books!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP