Jungle Kill by Jim Eldridge

Title: Jungle Kill
Written by: Jim Eldridge
Release date: June, 2010
Pages: 192
Source: Received by Harper Collins UK, Egmont Books

My Feelings:



Description:
So tell me, Mitch - are you in? Thrown out of the SAS, Mitch thought his days as a Special Forces soldier were well and truly over. But when he is approached by an undercover unit embarking on a dangerous mission, he must make a choice. The Mission: rescue a West African freedom fighter, kidnapped by a gang of ruthless bandits who will stop at nothing to get what they want. The Squad: elite, Black-Ops soldiers - Gaz, Two Moons, Tug, Benny and Nelson - codename, Delta Unit. Is Mitch the right man for the job? Can he secure the trust of the five men, and step back into the danger zone?

My Review:
Jungle Kill is exactly as the cover looks like. Packed with action and no time to slow down. This book will be a favourite for any boy who loves this genre and who are looking for the ride of their life.

Mitch, the main character, has to earn his trust in the new squad. He has a secret that he doesn’t want to share, unless they ask for it. His character is courageous, strong, honest and takes care of business. I liked that he also looked out for the others in his squad and for the villagers. In 192 pages there isn’t a lot of depth in the characters, but I didn’t find this necessary. All of the characters where great and played their own part in the story.

The battles are exactly how they are always shown in a action movie.
A lot of blood, soldiers running, fighting and at the same time shooting guns.
The author does a great job describing the weapons and words that soldiers use.

Overall an action packed story that I enjoyed a lot. It’s a story that is not for everyone and that’s the reason why the author has put on the back of the book a warning side. It contains graphic scenes of warfare!

Blodeuedd  – (3 augustus 2010 om 06:57)  

Cool book, perhaps a but too much action for me, but I am happy you liked it

Darlyn  – (3 augustus 2010 om 08:20)  

Wow!this is exciting!I love action packed read.I've read war books a few times and love it!

Jessica (BookLover)  – (3 augustus 2010 om 10:46)  

Great review! I haven't read much about war (perhaps I should change that), but I do like a good action book. :)

Lauren  – (3 augustus 2010 om 17:00)  

Awesome review! It sounds like a good action type book.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (4 augustus 2010 om 08:32)  

wow! that's a middle grade book?? seems like something much more adult. I'm glad it was good!!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (4 augustus 2010 om 09:30)  

Wow. Cool! I love that you're reading something totally different!

Nina  – (4 augustus 2010 om 11:01)  

Juju: I used to watch action movies with my father, and loved it. But I never read a action book like this before. It really was a great book to read. And I also loved that it was short, I think if it was longer I would not love it that much. :)

Nina  – (4 augustus 2010 om 11:02)  

Carrie: I think students in the last two grades of middle school can read this book too. :P

Jenny N.  – (4 augustus 2010 om 13:02)  

Nice review, I will recommend this to my cousin if he's looking for a book to read.

Lily Child  – (4 augustus 2010 om 15:01)  

Nice review! I don't think this is a book for me, but I appreciate that you read something totally different from your usual fare! :)

hmsgofita  – (5 augustus 2010 om 08:34)  

This looks like a good one! I like different genres! I'll read almost anything at least once. Thanks for the review!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP