Passing Strange by Daniel Waters

Title: Passing Strange
Written by: Daniel Waters
Release date: June, 2010
Pages: 386
Source: (http://www.non-fiction-books.co.uk/) Leanee Briggs

My Feelings:



Description:
Karen DeSonne always passed as a normal (if pale) teenager; with her friends, with her family, and at school. Passing cost her the love of her life. And now that Karen’s dead, she’s still passing—this time, as alive. Karen DeSonne just happens to be an extremely human-like zombie. Meanwhile, Karen’s dead friends have been fingered in a high-profile murder, causing a new round of antizombie regulations that have forced them into hiding. Karen soon learns that the “murder” that destroyed their non-life was a hoax, staged by Pete Martinsburg and his bioist zealots. Obtaining enough evidence to expose the fraud and prove her friends’ innocence means doing the unthinkable: becoming Pete’s girlfriend. Karen’s only hope is that the enemy never realizes who she really is—because the consequences would be worse than death.

My Review:
When Leanee Briggs asked me to review Passing Strange I wondered if I should do this. I hadn’t read the first two books in the Generation Dead series and I wondered if I would get lost without the knowledge of them. I read a couple reviews that said that they read it without reading the first two books and that’s why I took the chance. I’m glad I did, because I found out that I loved Passing Strange.
Generation Dead and Kiss of Life are momentarily on my wish list, but I will be ordering them very soon.

Passing Strange is all about Karen. Karen has died, come back again, well not as a human being, but as a zombie. Karen was the best character that I have read about in while. She made me truly believe that zombies weren’t that scary and that they had a good side. Zombies should have no trouble living on earth next to people with a beating heart. I know, huh? She was a strong, confident character who wanted to do something good for her friends and zombies all around town. I love her strength and that she wasn’t afraid of doing the right thing, even if that mend risking her own well being.

The characters in the book are not all very well described. But believe me, I think this is just because it’s the third book in the series. Therefore you need to read one and two to know who they are. From the beginning I didn’t like Pete. He had a sick mind and just loathed zombies. I don’t even know if he truly changed in the end. Tak is one of the hero’s in this book. I want to know more about him. I love this character. Something about him makes me want to hug him and tell him that everything is going to be alright. Hopefully in the next book he get to know a happy ending.

There was not a lot of action going on, but the parts that where had my fullest attention.

I love the unique story that Daniel Waters brings us about zombies. I haven’t read a book where zombies should be accepted, even though they are not living people and where they don’t want to feed on humans. Do you have a special fondness of zombies? Then I highly recommend Passing Strange.

My copy of the book:

Darlyn  – (20 augustus 2010 om 06:20)  

Whoa..That is interesting. I never read anything about zombies but this one sounds like a good catch. But maybe i need to read the 1st two books in the series =)

Andrea  – (20 augustus 2010 om 07:30)  

Yay Karen! She is one of my favorite characters. I've read the first two but haven't had the time for Passing Strange. Will have make time soon.

Lizzy  – (20 augustus 2010 om 08:18)  

I've read the first book in this series, and I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Now I just need to read the next two. Thanks for the review!

Natalie (Mindful Musings)  – (20 augustus 2010 om 10:42)  

Wow. 5 hearts? I'm impressed. I was offered a chance to review this one too, but I passed it up because I hadn't read the first two books in the series. Now I'm kind of wishing I hadn't...lol! Oh well. I know my library has them, so I'll be adding them to my TBR list and giving them a shot in the future. Thanks for the review! :)

Blodeuedd  – (20 augustus 2010 om 10:42)  

Ugh, can't say I like zombies or that they should be accepted. bUt the book sure sounds cool

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (20 augustus 2010 om 11:14)  

I dislike zombies but I really liked your review :)

Blueicegal ♥  – (20 augustus 2010 om 16:42)  

i loved the first book so im looking forwad to this awesome review!

Jenny N.  – (20 augustus 2010 om 18:07)  

I haven't read too many zombie books but this series sounds pretty good.

Myrna Foster  – (21 augustus 2010 om 00:34)  

I'm not much of a zombie person, but your review has me wondering if I'd like it anyway. Thanks for your recommendation!

....Petty Witter  – (21 augustus 2010 om 02:55)  

Not usually much of a zombie person (though very like one first thing in the morning - apart from the desire to eat human flesh that is, I'll stick with toast thanks) this will make a nice change to all those vampire books out there. Thanks for the recommendation.

Cleverly Inked  – (21 augustus 2010 om 08:04)  

I guess i need to give this a shot. I will pick up the first in the series.

Mishel (P.S. I Love Books)  – (22 augustus 2010 om 08:23)  

Definitely digging the cover you have more than the US version. I gotta admit I strayed away from this series and I think it's because of the US covers. But I've read some pretty good reviews of the books overall.

I'm glad this one worked for you even though you haven't read the first two. Generation Dead is on my TBR list and I'm looking forward to getting to it =)

Faye  – (23 augustus 2010 om 13:49)  

I need to start this series! i halfway through the 1st book! it's really good :D

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP