Vacation is over, I'm back to business

I’m back from my holiday and I’m feeling tired. I want to crawl under my blankets and sleep for the next three days. I had the most fantastic two weeks in London and I’m sad that it went too fast. So what did I do in those two weeks? A lot.


I was in London to study the language and get some help with the grammar.
The school was nearby Leicester Square and easy to find. The first day I made some great friends and I almost hang out with them every day.
I had school from Monday till Friday, from 9 to 12. I had a lot of free time after and I went to see a lot of museums.

I went to see the British Museum. I took a lot of photo’s there. I immediately went to the top floor where the mummies where. After that I went to Medieval Europe. So I saw my two favourite subjects in history.

I also went into Churchill War Rooms. At first I couldn’t find the museum. I was walking around and around and I just couldn’t find it. I stopped, looked at my map and turned around, it was behind me. I felt so stupid. Very impressive and interesting to see how the War Rooms really looked like.

Big Ben, Of course. London Eye. Westminister Abbey. I went inside and loved it. There was a wall with the names of all these famous writers, like Jane Austen, Bronte Sisters, Charles Dickes, Shakespeare and many more. Also I saw the tombstone of queen Elisabeth I and Mary. I went inside and my heart just started beating really fast. I was so exciting. Too bad I couldn’t take pictures, but I bought a card of it. I went around it two times.


Big fan of Henry VIII. So of course me and a friend went to Hampton Court. It was huge. I was disappointed when I heard that we couldn’t see the rooms of Henry VIII. We did see the bed of queen Anne.

I also went with two friends from school to the musical Wicked and Sister Act. Both of them are great. Wicked was amazing, the songs are so catchy and the lyrics are recognizable. The tickets to both shows wasn’t expensive and we had amazing views. We could see the stage very clear. In Sister Act Simon Webbe played the gangster. At first I didn’t know who he was, but then my friends told me he was in Blue. They both were big fans, so when he showed up on stage, they smiled a lot. So funny.

We also went to see three movies. We went to Heartbreaker, Sex and the City 2 and Letters to Juliet. Reviews will be up very soon. I love that Leicester Square has so many different cinema’s. We went to three different ones.

I bought a lot. And yes, I bought books. I went to Waterstones, a couple of times, and I also met there Becky and Caroline. Thank you for meeting me in London. So nice to see you in person. So there’s going to be a update about that very soon.

I saw a lot of things in London, so I’m not going to write about everything. I just want to say that London is great. The city lives. It surprised me that the trains still where full after midnight. Your musicals rock and everyone is so nice. There are so many huge parks in London and we went to a lot of them. St. James Park, Greenwich and Hyde are the best. Love Speakers corner. Leicester Square is the most beautiful square ever. Love sitting there and eating sandwiches from Costa. After three days in London I was addicted to Mango Passion Fruit at Starbucks. Starbucks rules! Love the National Gallery Museum, all those wonderful artists. Thank you for being free, so I could visit you three times. Love you Primark for being open at 10. Love you Topshop, could you please come to the Netherlands?, Thank you people singing at the station, you made our journey to the tubes pleasant. Thank you HMV for having movies on DVD that are still in the cinema in Holland. Love you London!!

Going to sleep now! Bye bye.

Charlotte (The Book on the Hill)  – (2 augustus 2010 om 11:38)  

Welcome back Nina! I LOVE London, reading your post makes me want to jump on a plane right now! I'm glad you enjoyed it all!

Caroline  – (2 augustus 2010 om 11:46)  

Yay Nina!
I'm glad you had so much fun!!
Becky and i loved meeting up with you!!
Have a good evening and see you soon I hope!
x Caroline

Blodeuedd  – (2 augustus 2010 om 12:22)  

Those sights are nice, but mostly I drool over that you got to visit a bookstore, with plenty of English books :D

Christina/Book Addict  – (2 augustus 2010 om 13:09)  

Great photos! I am glad you had a good time. :)

Robby  – (2 augustus 2010 om 13:16)  

Welcome back! I hope to see London for myself, eventually. These pictures will have to do for now.

Tricia  – (2 augustus 2010 om 13:40)  

What a great trip! I have totally done the same thing finding the War Rooms. Glad I wasn't the only one! :) You definitely made me miss London.

Jessica (BookLover)  – (2 augustus 2010 om 14:29)  

Great pictures! I've always wanted to go to London. :)

Blueicegal ♥  – (2 augustus 2010 om 15:14)  

Nina we missed you! glad to see you back and to know you enjoyed London :)

Sarah  – (2 augustus 2010 om 17:17)  

It sounds like you has a lot of fun! And it's good to see you back! :D

Michelle  – (2 augustus 2010 om 19:47)  

What an awesome experience! London is brilliant, I went last summer. Your pictures are great! You must have had a blast. :D

Sarah  – (2 augustus 2010 om 20:22)  

Welcome back, and I'm glad you had such a good time :) I saw Wicked in London a few years ago and loved it, too. Great pictures--all the amazing stuff you saw!

Darlyn  – (2 augustus 2010 om 21:34)  

Welcome back Nina!Wow!you sure have a lot of fun there and it's been a while i go for a holiday myself.needless to say abroad. but i'm so glad you enjoyed yours!

Nina  – (3 augustus 2010 om 05:06)  

Thank you all for you lovely comments. I did had a blast in London and I'm sad that it went so fast. But now I'm back to blogging, which I missed and reading books! :)

Cari  – (3 augustus 2010 om 12:20)  

Welcome back! Looks like you had a great time :)

Lauren  – (3 augustus 2010 om 17:04)  

Welcome back! It sounds like you had a lot of fun. I really want to go to London some day, too, becuase it looks like such a cool city. :)

Lizzy  – (3 augustus 2010 om 20:21)  

Welcome back! It sounds like you had a fun trip. Love the pictures :)

Jenny N.  – (4 augustus 2010 om 13:04)  

Love the pics, looks like you packed in a lot during your stay.

Lauren  – (4 augustus 2010 om 13:33)  

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I was so sorry not to get to meet you, but I'm glad you enjoyed London. And *how* awesome is the British Museum?! I love it.

Lily Child  – (4 augustus 2010 om 15:00)  

Wow! Sounds like an AWESOME vacation! Thank you for posting pictures! :)

P.S. Glad you're back! :)

notinthepink.com  – (8 augustus 2010 om 11:37)  

You were in London the same time as me!!! Wow. And we went to the same places. Freaky coincedence. :D Glad you had fun though.

~*~*~

Ceri

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP