Zelah Green, One More Little Problem by Vanessa Curtis

Title: Zelah Green, One More Little Problem
Written by: Vanessa Curtis
Release date: July, 2010
Pages: 240
Source: Received for Review, Egmont Books

My Feelings:


Description:
Warm, winning and real, Zelah Green is back! My name is Zelah Green and I'm a Cleanaholic. It's the summer hols and I'm on major Flirt Alert. I've joined mysortaspace.com and ever since I've been getting emails from loads of boys. Boys are Dirt Alert AND Germ Alert. Don't even talk to me about kissing...The rest of my life's a bit rubbish too. That's because: my dad is moping about the house missing his girlfriend; my ex-best friend still isn't speaking to me; my grumpy weirdo Satanist friend has turned up to stay; my cleaning rituals are taking up way too much time; and, most importantly, the guy I really like, Sol, has disappeared off the face of the earth...

My Review:
Zelah Green was my first introduction to the characters life and her problem called OCD. Zelah Green, One More Little Problem is exactly what the cover of this book looks like. With problems she cannot solve, her OCD is becoming worse and dating feels like a level she cannot reach. Frustration, frustration.

The author brings more humor in it than before and that makes it more comfortable to read it. Even though it is not graphic, I did have to flinch when Caro started cutting herself. The things that Zelah has to do to feel like she is in control of her life, I could understand, but why Caro cuts herself I could not. And therefore I would love to see a book written about Caro and get to know more about this character. It is not explained in the story and even though it’s a small part of it, I would have liked to learn more.

Dating is always hard, but with a disorder that takes over your life I cannot imagine how that feels. The decision that Zelah makes to join a dating Website is very brave of her and it’s a first step to feel like a normal teenager. When she goes on a first date with a boy, who she met on the Internet, she took her friend with her. The author did a great job with this subtle message in the story.

All in all Zelah Green, One More Little Problem is a wonderful novel that will make your heart warm up for Zelah and the problems that she has. It is a must read for readers who have read Zelah Green and a recommendation for others who have not read it who are slightly interested in a combination of OCD and a 14 year old teenager.

Melissa  – (30 augustus 2010 om 08:10)  

I've never heard of this one, but I will definitely be adding this to my TBR pile! OCD is something that is all-too familiar to me. Beautiful and insightful review :)

Jillian  – (30 augustus 2010 om 17:34)  

Wow this sure sounds interesting! I haven't heard much about this one either, so I'll make sure to check it out too. Thanks for the clear and straight-forward review!

Lizzy  – (30 augustus 2010 om 20:22)  

This one sounds very intriguing. I'm always interested in characters with OCD, so I'm adding this one to my list. Great review!

....Petty Witter  – (31 augustus 2010 om 04:43)  

An interesting main character - I think it is wonderful that OCD gets such a mention. Thanks for the recommendation.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (31 augustus 2010 om 08:14)  

Sounds good. Cutters fascinate me. Great review.

Jenny N.  – (31 augustus 2010 om 10:16)  

I don't know to much about this one but the OCD contained in the story makes it a interesting read.

Shy  – (1 september 2010 om 04:18)  

Intriguing read, I must say. I believe that at one time or another, most people do face this OCD problems, the only question is how severe it really is. I think this one is something I'd really enjoy reading!

Milli  – (1 september 2010 om 09:15)  

It sounds really interesting. Thanks for the review.

Nina  – (1 september 2010 om 10:18)  

Jenny: If you are interested in OCD, you should read the first book in this series. It's very good and very informative. ;)

Darlyn  – (1 september 2010 om 10:34)  

wow..this book sounds really great.I will pick it up next time i go shopping!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP