The Drained Brains Caper by Trina Robbins, Tyler Page (Illustrator)

Title: The Drained Brains Caper (Chicagoland Detective Agency)
Written by: Trina Robbins, Tyler Page (Illustrator)
Release date: August, 2010
Pages: 64
Source: Netgalley, Graphic Universe, Lerner Publishing Group
My Feelings:


Description:
In #01 The Drained Brains Caper, Megan, a bubbly, haiku-writing vegetarian, decides she wants a tarantula. On a mission to find her unique pet, she meets computer wizard Raf working behind the counter at Hernandez and Son Pet Supply. When Megan starts to notice strange occurrences at her private summer school, Raf is the first person she turns to. And after meeting Bradley, a talking dog whose pet-spertise helps them solve their first case, there’s no choice but to go into business—the detective business, that is.

My Review:
I tried another comic book and let me tell you I adored it. It was awesome, yet a little bit too short for my liking, but still very good.

Megan is a young girl who has to go to a new school, where the kids are a little too weird for her liking. Megan is as it says in the description, bubbly, fun and a tough young girl. I also found her straightforward, I mean walking into a shop and asking the boy who works there to be your friend is pretty straightforward.

The plot is fun. Yet as I said too short. But I do have to keep in mind that it is a comic story. So for that it’s perfect. The story is predictable and I would have liked to see some more strange things happening in it. Just to shock me. But besides that, it was fun to read and I can see how this is going to be a fun series.

The drawings are awesome. Truly beautiful.

All in all The Drained Brains Caper is a fun, short story. You should try it if you love comic stories and a quick read.

Melissa  – (27 september 2010 om 07:16)  

I'm a comic nut haha this sounds so so fun, Nina! Great review :)

Blodeuedd  – (27 september 2010 om 08:36)  

Lol, the cover is just so good, adn your review makes me want to read it too

Melissa  – (27 september 2010 om 11:05)  

This sounds like fun. Plus I just love the name of that comic!

Jenny N.  – (27 september 2010 om 15:44)  

Don't read many comics myself but the cover is nice.

Insert Book Title  – (27 september 2010 om 17:40)  

I love the cover.

I have never really read a comic, but this one sounds good!

....Petty Witter  – (28 september 2010 om 04:16)  

A great cover, not too sure that I'll ever read it though as despite your wonderful review the word 'comic' book stands out for me and as I've yet to find one I enjoyed I'm a little wary. Still, never say never.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (28 september 2010 om 12:48)  

FAB review. Not my deal but I enjoyed your review and the cute cover :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP