Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.


The United States - The Netherlands

So this is a little different, but I saw it and I had to post it. Look at that! Two Dutch authors, really great ones, have used the same cover as the cover for Scarred. I really like the Dutch cover. The girl has a white dress and looks like she just hit rock bottom. I also like the fond they used for the title and the colour of it.

What do you think of these covers?
What do you think of authors who use a cover that already has been published?

Darlyn  – (1 september 2010 om 10:39)  

they nearly the same only with different cover. i think i like both =)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (1 september 2010 om 11:16)  

wow, that's crazy. i wouldn't use the same pic as another published book, but they probably didn't even know it had already been used. it's hard to know every single book cover, ever lol!

Blodeuedd  – (1 september 2010 om 11:33)  

I like the US one since it's so bright

Sullivan McPig  – (1 september 2010 om 11:33)  

It's because lots of publishers use stock photos (you can often buy a package with lots of photos and then use those free of paying extra for copyright). No pblisher can keep track of all new books coming out and know if a stockphoto has been used before and how, so things like this do happen.

Melissa  – (1 september 2010 om 14:17)  

US. It's more eye-catching. Even though the other looks more interesting when you look at it... I think people would notice the US cover more.

Jenny N.  – (1 september 2010 om 16:05)  

I like the US one more with the yellow dress it makes the cover stand out more. Authors don't have much say in what their cover is going to be like and books usually have different covers in different countries, it depends on the publisher.

Christina/Book Addict  – (1 september 2010 om 17:33)  

I like the US one as well mostly b/c of that yellow dress. I agree with Melissa- definitely more eye catching!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (1 september 2010 om 17:34)  

Oooo I like the US one. The color contrast is cool.

Melissa  – (2 september 2010 om 06:38)  

I think the Dutch cover is better...simply stunning!

Ladybug  – (2 september 2010 om 06:39)  

I think the Dutch one is more dramatic, but I like both in their own way.

I don't think it's the authors fault that the cover picture is the same as on another novel, as I have understood often authors don't have all that much to say when it comes to choosing covers.

YA Vampire Books  – (2 september 2010 om 11:46)  

Love both covers! Since it's two different books published in two different countries it's more than okay to use such a good picture as this one twice!

Lauren  – (4 september 2010 om 13:07)  

Hmm, I like both covers a lot, though I think I like the United States one the best. For what reason, I'm sure. I just do.

Sarah  – (6 september 2010 om 07:59)  

I like the Netherlands cover best. And as far as a repeat cover, many books have stock photos on the cover, meaning that anybody can pay to use the same image on a different book. It's kind of annoying, though, and I like to ignore the fact that a photo may not have been made specifically for a book, but was just picked.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP