Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.


The Netherlands – The United States

For me the US cover stands out the most. The font of the title fits with the title of the book, it’s kind of creepy. I also really like the trees and that they are grey, (shadow). It gives a more horror feeling to it. Like something bad is going to happen if you continue that road. The font they used on the Dutch cover looks almost the same as in the US cover, but it’s just missing something. I do not know what the thing is above the title. Shadow? To me it looks like a ghost, it only misses the color white. It looks a little childish to me.

Here you can find the description of the book!

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

Melissa  – (8 september 2010 om 08:14)  

I think both are beautiful, but I'm quite partial to the US cover :)

PolishOutlander  – (8 september 2010 om 09:12)  

I like how they still sort of similar in style, especially with the font. Love this book! Can't wait for the next one.

Blodeuedd  – (8 september 2010 om 10:12)  

I like that they are similar but I still like the Dutch more cos it pops out more

Andrea  – (8 september 2010 om 10:17)  

The thing above the title of the Dutch cover is a girl's hair if you turn it to the side, you can see her face and her hair. So that's pretty neat. But I like the US cover more.

anjohnston  – (8 september 2010 om 13:15)  

They are both beautiful and look similar in a good way but I have to say that the US cover intrigues me more.

Hannah  – (8 september 2010 om 14:08)  

The trees on the US cover is what makes it for me. I like the Dutch cover, but the US seems more striking.

Lea (YA Book Queen)  – (8 september 2010 om 14:35)  

I'm feeling the US one, because I do like the haunting path of trees :)

Jenny N.  – (8 september 2010 om 22:37)  

I like them both. The Netherlands one has a font and purple color that I like more than the US one. Also the US cover has the trees in the background and the Netherlands one has something that you can barely see so I'm torn between the two.

....Petty Witter  – (9 september 2010 om 04:23)  

I prefer the American version but think it also lacks something - a ceratin amount of depth to the trees I think would be better.

Nina  – (9 september 2010 om 11:21)  

Andrea: You are right! I did not see it. Cool!

Lauren  – (9 september 2010 om 12:27)  

Hmmm. I prefer the American one, but the colour of the writing on the Dutch one is nicer. It's a draw for me.

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP