Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.


The Netherlands – The United States

The girl on the US cover looks very innocent and sweet. The girl on the Dutch cover looks older and edgy. Make up can make a difference, right! I liked that both girls are lying in the grass. They really kept that part in the Dutch cover. What I also like is that they used the same font on both of the covers for the title. That’s very rare with book translations. I love that they used a different colour for the name of the author on the US cover. If I had to choose I probably pick the US cover and as it happens I have a copy of the US one at my bookshelf.

Here you can find the description of the book!

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

Melissa  – (15 september 2010 om 10:18)  

I have to say that I like the US cover better...the colours appeal to me more :)

Lauren  – (15 september 2010 om 11:03)  

This is one of my favourite books, so I'm kind of attached to the cover I've got... which is the UK one and very similar to the US cover. I actually like the Dutch one too but the US just has the edge because it's so striking.

Ladybug  – (15 september 2010 om 11:17)  

I like both but I think I would have prefered the girl on the Dutch cover to be without the make-up. I'm leaning towards the US one, it's very nice.

Christina/Book Addict  – (15 september 2010 om 11:17)  

I think I like the US one this time around. Definitely eye catching!

Blodeuedd  – (15 september 2010 om 12:22)  

I like the Dutch more...but I think the US fits the book more

Melissa  – (15 september 2010 om 12:42)  

I think I'm leaning toward the US cover in this one.

Andrea  – (15 september 2010 om 13:39)  

I think I like the US cover too.

Raíla  – (15 september 2010 om 15:16)  

I had never seen the Dutch cover! It is SUPER gorgeous. Maybe even more than the US cover. Actually... I really do not know which to choose! :P

Kelsey  – (15 september 2010 om 17:12)  

I love the colors of the US one...but the Dutch cover is really unique!

Jenny N.  – (15 september 2010 om 19:10)  

Yep both are pretty similar but I like the US one more. The girl on the Dutch cover looks like she has way too much eyeliner on.

Jill of The O.W.L.  – (15 september 2010 om 19:14)  

I think I'm going US one. I like the Dutch one but there's something about her eyes that bother me.

Michelle  – (15 september 2010 om 20:27)  

I do prefer the US cover but I think the Dutch one is pretty great too. :)

Lea (YA Book Queen)  – (16 september 2010 om 17:55)  

Hmm...this is kind of a close one. But I'll go with US,

Cari  – (17 september 2010 om 06:35)  

I like that the Dutch cover is sort of creepy. Great find!

YA Vampire Books  – (17 september 2010 om 11:33)  

The girl on the US cover looks ,more numb and dead, but I prefer the Dutch cover - those eyes are captivating!

vvb32 reads  – (19 september 2010 om 11:16)  

they both look similar and just right. a tie!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP