Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Title: Infinity
Written by: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Release date: May, 2010
Pages: 448
Source: Bought

My Feelings:


Description:
At fourteen, Nick Gautier thinks he knows everything about the world around him. Streetwise, tough and savvy, his quick sarcasm is the stuff of legends. . .until the night when his best friends try to kill him. Saved by a mysterious warrior who has more fighting skills than Chuck Norris, Nick is sucked into the realm of the Dark-Hunters: immortal vampire slayers who risk everything to save humanity.
Nick quickly learns that the human world is only a veil for a much larger and more dangerous one: a world where the captain of the football team is a werewolf and the girl he has a crush on goes out at night to stake the undead.
But before he can even learn the rules of this new world, his fellow students are turning into flesh eating zombies. And he’s next on the menu.
As if starting high school isn't hard enough. . .now Nick has to hide his new friends from his mom, his chainsaw from the principal, and keep the zombies and the demon Simi from eating his brains, all without getting grounded or suspended. How in the world is he supposed to do that?

My Review:
Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon is now in my top 10 Paranormal books of 2010. I enjoyed it a lot.

Nick Gautier is one kick ass character that had me smiling from the first page till the last. What a fantastic character! Sarcastic, girl crazy, polite to only woman and never lets his guard down. And with the circumstances where he grew up in, it’s understandable and realistic that he turned up this way. He has an great loving relationship with his mother, and with him being the only men in the house he’s looking out for her.

The best two characters besides Nick are Bubba and Mark. With a name as Bubba, you just can’t go wrong in the hilarious department. And let me tell you, they are weird and funny! The comments that they make, hilarious! When Bubba says nobody should disturb him while watching Oprah, it just cracked me up!

However, there are too many characters in this book. Way too much. And with each character comes a new term that’s not fully explained. It does makes it all the more suspenseful, because you don’t know who Nick can trust. We are learning this in the same pace Nick does. So it’s not really a bad thing.

The story is packed with action scenes that will make you turn the pages rapidly. There are demons, zombies and even werewolves involved, with those you know there is some major ass kicking! There’s no slowing down and no boring parts.

Overall I adored Infinity. I recommend it to all paranormal fans. The mystery, the many paranormal creatures and the humour is enough for fans to be highly entertained during the night.

Blodeuedd  – (30 september 2010 om 07:24)  

Cool, but I do think I would just continue to read the dark hunter books instead :)

....Petty Witter  – (30 september 2010 om 07:53)  

Sounds like a typical 14 year old - I know that at that age I thought I knew it all.

Shame about there being too many characters, this always annoys me in a book as I can't help but think its often a case of quantity over quality. Still with at least 3 good characters perhaps this wasn't the case this time.

Shy  – (30 september 2010 om 09:09)  

I am totally glad to hear that this book is good! I have it on my shelf but still haven't get the chance to get through it yet. I love that there are funny characters in it too. SO gonna have to dig this one up very soon!

Andrea  – (30 september 2010 om 09:09)  

This is on my TBR list. It sounds hilarious and very tongue in cheek.

Melissa  – (30 september 2010 om 12:04)  

I need to read this one. I read the first book and I enjoyed it. Gotta read this one!

anjohnston  – (30 september 2010 om 12:38)  

Thanks for the honest review. I don't often hear the complaint about too many characters but I can understand why it would be annoying, especially if they aren't important and aren't explained. I'm interested to read this novel as I've been hearing a lot of good things about it.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (30 september 2010 om 12:55)  

Great review and I love that you warned about the saturation of characters :)

Ladybug  – (30 september 2010 om 13:44)  

Great review! I have never read any of Kenyon's books before but I have this one on my wish list.

Faye  – (30 september 2010 om 15:33)  

oh! O_O i need 2 to read this one!

Jenny N.  – (30 september 2010 om 19:36)  

I've seen this one around and really like the cover that you have up. Will have to give this one a read if I see it at the library.

Darlyn  – (1 oktober 2010 om 05:49)  

I really want to read the book!Glad to hear the book is good =)

Kelsey  – (3 oktober 2010 om 12:08)  

This sounds awesome- it's definitely going on my wishlist! :) Great review!

Michelle  – (4 oktober 2010 om 10:44)  

I really want to read this book! I think it sounds great. :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP