Undead Much? By Stacey Jay

Title: Undead Much?
Written by: Stacey Jay
Release date: January, 2010
Pages: 304
Source: Bought

My Feelings:


Description:

Even Zombie Settlers with Super Hot Boyfriends get the Blues...
A few months ago I was a normal girl with a normal life. But that was before my power to Settle the Undead returned and someone tried to kill me with zombies.
Now I work magic and practice kicking butt while trying to find time for pom squad and my boyfriend, Ethan, and trying NOT to think about how freaky my life has become. It can be tough. Still…things could be worse…

Oh yeah, right:
1. Feral new super-strong zombies. Check.
2. Undead psychic hottie predicting a zombie apocolypse. Check.
3. Earth-shattering secrets that could land me in Settler prison for life. Check.
4. Cheerleader vs. pom squad turf war threatening the end of the half time as we know it. Check.
I’m going to need therapy (and a cookie) if I live through the week. Unfortunately I’m learning that’s not something Zombie Queens can take for granted.

My Review:
Finding You Are So Undead To Me utterly hilarious, I couldn’t wait to read the sequel Undead Much? Even though sometimes the second book in a series can be a let down, I still had high expectations.

Megan Berry finds herself in trouble, again. And even with the help from some unexpected zombie, who seems to have trouble with the fact that he should go back to its grave and rest, it’s getting even more complicated by the minute.

We get introduced to new characters and from the start I had a pretty good idea who the evil genius was. And I am not that good at solving mysteries, so I thought that the character herself would find out pretty soon too. Too bad she didn’t and she kind of began to work on my nerves. She wasn’t the hilarious girl from the first book anymore, she changed into a cry baby. At points I just had enough of her and felt like she needed to snap out of it.
And I am glad that she felt that way too, because her character changed in the last couple of pages from a cry baby into a strong Zombie Settler.

The plot felt a little bit like it was done before. I would have liked to see that my pick of the evil genius was wrong, so that I could be surprised at the ending. There could have been more twists and turns. Though the writer does make this up to you with all the action scenes throughout the story. And if you know me, I love a good action scene.

Even though Undead Much wasn’t as funny as the first book it still had a nice plot and a bunch of great new characters. Megan Berry is a character that I am truly fond of and I cannot wait to read the third book in this utterly fun series. Pick this book up if you read the first book or if you are a lover of light, funny and zombie books.

Blodeuedd  – (3 september 2010 om 10:25)  

Sounds funny and great, but zombies, oh, can they get HEAs and be happy...but they are funny

anjohnston  – (3 september 2010 om 11:53)  

I'm sad to hear that this book wasn't as good as the first. I loved the first novel and found it hilarious (as you had mentioned). Thanks for the review!

Jenny N.  – (3 september 2010 om 14:40)  

Sorry it wasnt as good as the first book. It sounds like a good series though and its on my to read list.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (3 september 2010 om 16:51)  

Cute review. You covered all the bases :)

Lily Child  – (4 september 2010 om 01:27)  

Definitely sounds like a cute read! :)

Lauren  – (4 september 2010 om 13:04)  

Great review! Out of the two books, I think I liked the first one better, because of the reasons you stated about her personality in your review. Though, I'm still dying to read the third book.

Melissa  – (4 september 2010 om 14:43)  

At least the first book was a good read! I still need to get that one. Thanks for the review. Maybe the next will be better for you.

Natalie (Mindful Musings)  – (4 september 2010 om 21:29)  

Hmmm...you know, this isn't normally something I'd immediately pick up, but since you enjoyed it so much, I might have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

....Petty Witter  – (6 september 2010 om 07:06)  

Perhaps too scary otherwise, I love the thought of this book being so funny. Thanks for the recommendation, it sounds like just the sort of read I need right now.

Cleverly Inked  – (6 september 2010 om 11:07)  

I have not started this series yet. Awesome review

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP