The Beasties by Jenny Nimmo

Title: The Beasties
Written by: Jenny Nimmo
Release date: October, 2010
Pages: 32
Source: Egmont UK

My Feelings:


Description:
On a starry, starry night Daisy hears a growl that makes her heart go pit-a-pat. It sounds like a story...
Every night a new tale drifts up to Daisy - tales of robbers, shipwrecks and lost princesses. Until one night everything goes very quiet. Daisy very slowly looks under the bed to find... Three storytelling beasties!

My review:
I love children books and ‘The Beasties’ has become one of my all time favourites. When I was little my mom always used to read me a bedtime story called ‘ik wil naar de maan kijken’, translation; I want to look at the moon. It was about a boy who didn’t want to go to sleep, but wanted to look up at the moon. I adored that story. The Beasties is also a bedtime story and it reminded me a bit of my old time favourite.

It’s about a girl, named Daisy who cannot go to sleep. She’s in a new bedroom, in a new bed and she’s lying awake. From there the story begins and introduces you to the Beasties.

The sentences are very short and easy to read. Therefore it makes the story accessible to children who wants to read their storybooks their selves.

The illustrations are beautiful. Especially the cover. It’s very shiny and all the three Beasties are there. So immediately you get a good idea who these Beasties are.
I like that the girl has red hair and that her name is Daisy, such a sweet name.

The whole story book has such a magical feeling to it and it makes me want to read it to all my nieces and nephews. They will adore this story and probably be a long time friend of Daisy and the Beasties.

Shy  – (18 oktober 2010 om 01:32)  

The cover is SO cute! I like the sound of this one and I feel that no one is too old to read children's book. Good review!

....Petty Witter  – (18 oktober 2010 om 06:18)  

I remember commenting on liking the look of this yesterday. A great review, I also love childrens books and this sounds like a great read with even better illustrations.

Christie (The Fiction Enthusiast)  – (18 oktober 2010 om 08:59)  

This sounds like a fantastic book. Thanks for putting it on my radar!

Darlyn  – (18 oktober 2010 om 09:58)  

Wow..It's cute. my little cousins would enjoy this!

Sheila (Bookjourney)  – (18 oktober 2010 om 10:45)  

I have not read this but it sounds good!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (18 oktober 2010 om 11:36)  

It's so beautiful. I've never heard of this one? Great review!

Andrea  – (18 oktober 2010 om 12:30)  

Sounds so sweet. I love picture books.

Blodeuedd  – (18 oktober 2010 om 13:07)  

It sounds very cute, to young for me, but still so cute

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (18 oktober 2010 om 13:45)  

Love the cover. Sounds like a great kids book. I may have to look at this one for some of my young cousins! :)

brizmus  – (18 oktober 2010 om 16:27)  

I love it when new, wonderful, memorable children's books make the scene. This one sounds wonderful!

bermudaonion  – (19 oktober 2010 om 14:27)  

That does sound like a wonderful book and if the cover is any indication, it is gorgeous!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP