Bloodline by Kate Cary

Title: Bloodline
Written by: Kate Cary
Release date: October, 2010
Pages: 336
Source: Received for Review, Egmont UK
Part of: Helluva Halloween 2010, All Hallows Eve

My Feelings:


Description:
The original vampire romance: go back to where the bloodlust began!
Blood from last nights raid has hardly dried on my uniform, still the familiar craving builds in my belly, I long to wield my sword. I can feel the blade slicing through the air then skin then flesh then bone. - Captain Quincy Harker.
When nineteen-year-old John Shaw returns from World War I, he is haunted by nightmares – not only of the horrors of battle, but of the brutal midnight exploits of his superior, Captain Quincey Harker.
When Harker appears unexpectedly in England and lures John's sister, Lily, to Transylvania. John must confront the truth. Only the love of pure Mary can save him from Count Dracula's poisonous bloodline. But the line goes further than John and Mary can possibly imagine.
A new seductive evil walks among the living...

My Review:
Taking a look at this cover, you have a pretty good idea what the book is about. But I had no idea that it would sway me of my feet.

Mary Seward is a character I liked from the start. She is a caring, sweet young girl and wants to help others the best she can. I could tell from her writing in her journal that she was deeply in love with John, and I could feel her connection with him. She is also very brave, strong and determined to find a solution.

John Shaw is 19 years old and reading his writing about the war, took me right in the battlefields beside him. He was protective of his sister Lily and a little bit insecure about himself.

I didn’t like Lily so much. She was a bit to weird for my taste. The way she hung to the captain made me wonder how stabile she was. She wasn’t strong and the ends result of her life speaks for itself.

The plot is great. The vampires are monstrous and are not the loving kind as in Twilight. They are evil beings sucking lives out of people. The journey to Transylvania from both of the couples are really suspenseful. It keeps you wondering if Lily is going to find out the secret the Captain has or if she too madly in love to see. I loved the surprise at the end. There where for sure twists and turns in Bloodline.

The writing is really beautiful. I loved the setting of the story and I could picture it in my mind. Especially the first pages about the war where vivid. I feel like the author has done a great job describing the locations and also did a find good job researching the war.

Bloodline is an excellent novel that is a must read for vampire fans. I am looking forward reading Reckoning, the second book in this series, and finding out if Mary can forget about the evilness that happened in Transylvania.

Melissa  – (29 oktober 2010 om 06:02)  

I'm not really a vampire fan, but this is so so so tempting! Awesome review, Nina! I'm adding it to my TBR pile :)

PolishOutlander  – (29 oktober 2010 om 07:18)  

Oh this sounds good! I hadn't heard of it before. The US cover is creepy in its own way. Definitely going on my wishlist. I love the idea of the monstrous vampire coming back.

Jenny  – (29 oktober 2010 om 08:18)  

I'm a huge vampire fan and it's been a while since I've read a story where they're the villainous monsters instead of the tortured heroes, so I'm looking forward to this one! Thanks for the review, I hadn't heard of this book before!

Misty  – (29 oktober 2010 om 09:02)  

I hadn't actually heard of this one before, but this:
"But I had no idea that it would sway me of my feet."
is an excellent sign! On the to-read list now for sure! Great review!

Marce  – (29 oktober 2010 om 09:42)  

I haven't heard of this one, great review. I'm not into vampires. I did download Dracula but still haven't read it.

Blodeuedd  – (29 oktober 2010 om 10:22)  

Sounds like a good story, and that cover is really chilling

Luisa at Chicklish  – (29 oktober 2010 om 10:41)  

I've been wondering about this one. Wonderful review - thank you!

Darlyn  – (29 oktober 2010 om 11:21)  

The original vampire romance? Very alluring cover and great plot line too. Thanks for sharing the review!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (29 oktober 2010 om 12:06)  

I haven't heard of this one and you make it really interesting. Guess I'll have to put this one on my wishlist! Thanks!

Lea (YA Book Queen)  – (29 oktober 2010 om 14:28)  

This one sounds incredible, and I do love twists & turns in a story. Great review, Nina! :)

Michelle  – (29 oktober 2010 om 15:41)  

I am such a sucker (no pun intended) for anything with vampires. I love the new cover for this one!

Alyssa@Teens Read and Write  – (29 oktober 2010 om 16:18)  

Always looking for another good vamp book - thanks!

Jenny N.  – (29 oktober 2010 om 16:52)  

I haven't heard of this one before but I do love vampires so will add this to my reading list.

Denny  – (29 oktober 2010 om 17:39)  

I hadn't heard of this book before ... but keen to read it now ... maybe I need to read about bad vampires instead of the sparkly variety ... hehe

Erika  – (29 oktober 2010 om 20:07)  

This book has such an attention-grabbing cover! If I saw it in as bookstore, I'd be sure to pick it up. And it sounds like this book stays true to the classical, more terrifying view on vampires, and since I haven't read a book like that in a while, I have a feeling I'll enjoy this one. Thank you so much for the insightful review!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (29 oktober 2010 om 20:30)  

I love when the descriptions come alive. Great review.

SueFitz  – (30 oktober 2010 om 02:19)  

Thanks for sharing- not a big vampire fan, but yo make this book seem interesting.

Sullivan McPig  – (30 oktober 2010 om 11:13)  

Sounds like a nice read. Thanks for the review and the giveaway

Shy  – (1 november 2010 om 08:07)  

Whoa! Gory vampires, just the way I like them to be. I've no doubt that I'd love this book. The fact that it integrate some strong relationship story also make it sounds incredible.

Dea S.  – (1 november 2010 om 18:15)  

Great review! Vampires will never get old for me. Gonna add this on my tbr pile.

Vampire Lady  – (3 november 2010 om 13:08)  

Great review! You really grab my attention with it. I'm really a big fan of supernatural creatures so I'd love to read this book.

Wenj  – (3 november 2010 om 19:32)  

I hadn't heard of this novel, but from your review it sounds like a great read for any vampire lover, which I definitely am. :)

-Wenj
www.blacklagoonreviews.blogspot.com

Julie  – (6 november 2010 om 09:59)  

Wow 5 hearts huh? Well it does sound very good!

FairyWhispers  – (9 november 2010 om 21:01)  

would love to read this,

it sounds interesting.

:D

regards,

Loony Linh  – (13 november 2010 om 22:49)  

I have been looking for this book everywhere !

Now that you've written this excellent review, I have to put it on my tbr pile.

Thanks for this opportunity :)

Vivien  – (14 november 2010 om 19:50)  

I haven't heard of this book until now. What a great review. I've added it to my wishlist!

PinkStuff28  – (18 november 2010 om 10:09)  

I read some things about this book , but i didn't know that it has something with Transilvania ..i think i'm going to read it , i'm courious about the Transilvania Thing .

Laura H.  – (26 november 2010 om 17:40)  

I love books with "twists and turns" and "surprise endings". And if vampires are involved all the better. This book is now on my TBR list -- if I don't win it first! Thanks for the review and giveaway!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP