Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.


The United States - The Netherlands

Okay, so they only are showing us the feet, and on the US cover the hands too. I seriously do not like that. I have the feeling that the girl with the sneakers is younger than the girl with the red shoes. I do not know if the girl with the red shoes would wear sneakers like that with those socks and leggings. It looks like two different type of girls, but they have to portrayed the same character. So, which one would I choose? I don’t know, I think neither.

Here you can find the description of the book!

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (20 oktober 2010 om 23:08)  

i think they're both adorable!! But you are so right, how in the world could those both be same character!

Lea (YA Book Queen)  – (21 oktober 2010 om 05:29)  

I have to agree, it's a bit odd to have such conflicting covers. I love those red shoes though ;)

Christina/Book Addict  – (21 oktober 2010 om 07:00)  

I am partial to the red shoes, but you are right. The sneakers make the character look much younger.

....Petty Witter  – (21 oktober 2010 om 08:04)  

like yourself, I feel that the cover on the left (red shoes)suggests that this is a book for an older reader whilst the cover of the left suggests it is for a slightly younger reader. To be honest I don't like either cover - neither gives us any real clue as to what the book may be about.

Blodeuedd  – (21 oktober 2010 om 10:35)  

I'd go with the US, the red and the blue is nice

Melissa  – (21 oktober 2010 om 11:03)  

I don't really like either, to be honest, but if I had to choose, I'd say I like the US one :)

La Coccinelle  – (21 oktober 2010 om 11:09)  

After reading the description, I kind of think the Dutch cover is more fitting. But neither cover would make me pick the book up in the store out of curiosity.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (21 oktober 2010 om 12:10)  

You have a great point. These pictures describe 2 very different types of people. Although the red would catch your attention much better.

Jenny N.  – (21 oktober 2010 om 22:52)  

I can't choose, they look pretty similar to me. Thought I do agree that the way the legs are posed and the sneakers on the Dutch cover makes it look like a book for younger readers.

Darlyn  – (23 oktober 2010 om 00:15)  

i have the US cover but i think i love the dutch cover better ;p

Lu  – (23 oktober 2010 om 00:48)  

I prefer the US cover :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP