Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

Title: Hex Hall
Written by: Rachel Hawkins
Release date: March, 2010
Pages: 323
Source: Bought
Part of: Helluva Halloween 2010, All Hallows Eve

My Feelings:


Description:
Three years ago, Sophie Mercer discovered that she was a witch. It's gotten her into a few scrapes. Her non-gifted mother has been as supportive as possible, consulting Sophie's estranged father--an elusive European warlock--only when necessary. But when Sophie attracts too much human attention for a prom-night spell gone horribly wrong, it's her dad who decides her punishment: exile to Hex Hall, an isolated reform school for wayward Prodigium, a.k.a. witches, faeries, and shapeshifters.

By the end of her first day among fellow freak-teens, Sophie has quite a scorecard: three powerful enemies who look like supermodels, a futile crush on a gorgeous warlock, a creepy tagalong ghost, and a new roommate who happens to be the most hated person and only vampire on campus. Worse, Sophie soon learns that a mysterious predator has been attacking students, and her only friend is the number-one suspect.
As a series of blood-curdling mysteries starts to converge, Sophie prepares for the biggest threat of all: an ancient secret society determined to destroy all Prodigium, especially her.

My Review:
Hex Hall is a book that I devoured in a couple hours while waiting for my mother to arrive from work. I adored Hex Hall, indeed, I did.

Sophie is a fun character. I liked her from the start. At first I thought oh, wow cliché, a popular clique where Sophie wants to be part of. But I’m glad to say that she wasn’t like those other girls. She trusted her own instincts and made the choices she was comfortable with. I also liked her funny comments and the way she thought.

I also liked Archer. The romance wasn’t quite there, but I did feel something between them. Nothing too deep, just something familiar to a crush.

The plot was great. The author knows how to entertain a reader. There is suspense, action, awesome spells (there could have been more) and the story took a lot of directions to keep me surprisingly unaware what would happened next.

Hex Hall is a wonderful debut novel that kept me guessing till the end. I cannot wait to read the sequel next year!

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (25 oktober 2010 om 06:56)  

I also thought this was a really fun read, and I loved the ending! Some surprises there. I'm looking forward to book #2!

Darlyn  – (25 oktober 2010 om 07:15)  

It's a alight read and i like it as well. looking forward to read demonglass =)

Blodeuedd  – (25 oktober 2010 om 07:58)  

Awww it sounds so cute :D Even though I hate mean girl cliques

Andrea  – (25 oktober 2010 om 08:21)  

Sounds very fun and cool. I'll have to add it to my list.

Sullivan McPig  – (25 oktober 2010 om 08:51)  

The book sounds like I should give it a try.
The cover artist did watch 'The Craft' a couple of times too many though. :-p

Melissa  – (25 oktober 2010 om 09:37)  

I'm glad to hear you loved this so much! I keep contemplating buying it, but I never seem to end up doing so...I definitely will now...great review :)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (25 oktober 2010 om 10:24)  

I was never drawn to this. I think it was the clique part. I may have to give it a try now! Thanks for the review.

Lu  – (25 oktober 2010 om 11:06)  

I'm glad you also enjoyed it! I can't wait for demonglass!

Kelsey  – (25 oktober 2010 om 12:34)  

Great review! I've had this in my TBR for wayyy too long!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (25 oktober 2010 om 13:05)  

Great review! I look forward to trying book 1 :)

Sarah  – (25 oktober 2010 om 14:58)  

I'm glad you liked it! I tried reading it in September, but got stuck halfway through. Based on this review, I'll probably try to check it out again sometime...

Jenny N.  – (25 oktober 2010 om 18:45)  

I agree. It was a fun paranormal read.

Misty  – (25 oktober 2010 om 18:58)  

I want to read this one, I've heard nothing but good (and I love the other cover, of the girl reflected)

Natalie (Mindful Musings)  – (25 oktober 2010 om 19:23)  

One of my roommates recently bought this one and read it in a day. She really enjoyed it! I'm planning to steal her copy..eventually...

Blueicegal ♥  – (25 oktober 2010 om 21:21)  

you know i have heard nothing but awesome things about it, but it sounds almost to fluffy ill see though.

Lea (YA Book Queen)  – (26 oktober 2010 om 05:33)  

Glad you enjoyed this one! It was definitely a fun book to read :)

Cleverly Inked  – (26 oktober 2010 om 16:56)  

I keep hearing fab things about this

Luisa at Chicklish  – (29 oktober 2010 om 10:42)  

This really sounds like fun! Thank you for the review!

Lily Child  – (29 oktober 2010 om 16:05)  

I'm really glad you liked this one so much! I enjoyed it too! :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP