Martha, No! by Edward Hardy, Deborah Alwright (illustrator)

Title: Martha, No!
Written by: Edward Hardy, Deborah Alwright (illustrator)
Release date: August, 2010
Pages: 32
Source: Received for Review, Egmont UK

My Feelings:


Description:
Meet Martha Felicity Molly-Anne May - let her bring chaos into your day. She's the naughtiest girl you'll ever meet, even Mary Poppins would be knocked off her feet! When Martha spends the day with Miss Harrington-Chive, the new nanny gets more than she's bargained for. At the bandstand, at the science Museum and at the restaurant, this poor childminder finds herself screaming - Martha, No!

My Review:
Martha, No! is a fun story that a lot of children will enjoy.
The description says it all. Martha gets a new nanny and they take a journey into the city. But Martha keeps doing things that makes the nanny say Martha, No! The sentences are short and are rhymes. Which I do adore.

The illustrations are beautiful. The cover is colourful and I love the yellow! It makes me happy. The illustrations are grand and a child can really find a lot of little different things in it.

Martha does not do the things she does on purpose, she just wants to be with her mother and spend time with her. I just adore that message. It’s like a subtle hint to parents.

Martha, No! is a picture book you should get!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (30 oktober 2010 om 14:05)  

I love great illustrations. I don't have a kid and I'll look at children's books just for that reason. :)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (30 oktober 2010 om 15:40)  

She sounds like a female Dennis the Menace :) Great review :)

....Petty Witter  – (31 oktober 2010 om 06:13)  

never mind children, I'm sure this is a book I'd love. For some reason it kind of reminds me of the My naughty Little Sister books.

Melissa  – (31 oktober 2010 om 11:36)  

This sounds absolutely adorable - I have to admit that I rather collect picture books. I hope my someday-children will love them :)

Jenny N.  – (31 oktober 2010 om 14:15)  

I don't have any kids so don't look at picture books at all. But I do really like the cover color and illustrations on this book.

Shy  – (1 november 2010 om 08:09)  

The cover is surely cute! And I love the message that it carries behind it. Simply adorable.

Nina  – (3 november 2010 om 04:03)  

Jenny N: I don't have childeren too, but they are so fun! :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP