Never Cry Werewolf by Heather Davis

Title: Never Cry Werewolf
Written by: Heather Davis
Release date: September, 2009
Pages: 212
Source: Bought
Part of: Helluva Halloween 2010, All Hallows Eve

My Feelings:


Description:
Shelby’s summer plans go totally awry when her horrible stepmother sends her off to “brat camp” as punishment for one too many broken curfews. Camp is full of spoiled rich kids, obnoxious counselors wanting Shelby to talk about her feelings, and a totally inhumane “no cell phones” policy.

Things start looking up, though, when Shelby meets fellow camper (and son of a rock star) Austin Bridges III. But soon she realizes there’s more to Austin than crush material—his family has a dark secret, and he wants Shelby’s help guarding it. Shelby knows that bad boys get her into trouble…but who is she to turn her back on a guy in need, especially such a good-looking one?

Heather Davis’s debut novel mixes together irresistible characters, a pesky full moon, and a delicious taste of the supernatural.

My Review:
Last year when I first noticed this book on different blogs I added it to my tbr list. I read a lot of reviews about it, always giving it three stars of telling it was okay, but nothing special or spectacular. I still wanted to give it a try and I am glad I did.

Shelby’s character is negative, boy crazy and just a little too bit of a pout. Well, that doesn’t sounds too good. But after reading about her stepmother and father I could understand why. I could understand her actions and her poutiness. The thing I didn’t like about Shelby is that she’s a little bit too much of boy crazy. Too much for my taste.

The romance in this story was a bit too quick and too easy. It felt more like a teenage crush, then a deep love connection that they had. Reading about Austin and Shelby, it felt more like he needed her for one thing and therefore was using her.

The plot was nice. Yeah, too short, but still nice. There could have been more surprises and some more telling about the werewolves for my entertaining. The end felt more like the beginning, like it all is about to start.

Never Cry Werewolf was very entertaining and I read it in a couple of hours. Fan of short stories, fan of werewolves? Give it a shot.

Blodeuedd  – (19 oktober 2010 om 09:52)  

Sounds cute enough and I love that she has a red hoddie :)

Marce  – (19 oktober 2010 om 11:57)  

It sounds like a good YA, I have always loved the cover.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (19 oktober 2010 om 12:33)  

I'm a fan... so I may have to give it a shot! :) Sounds like a cute one.

Lea (YA Book Queen)  – (19 oktober 2010 om 14:37)  

Nice review, Nina! I've been so hesitant on reading this one because of all the average-ratings, but I think I'll give it a shot now :)

Lizzy  – (19 oktober 2010 om 15:52)  

Thanks for the review! I've had this one on my list for a while, and I might give it a shot. I'm not sure how I feel about a super boy crazy main character though.

Jenny N.  – (19 oktober 2010 om 16:21)  

I agree about the ending. It had me wondering if there was going to be a sequel or not.

....Petty Witter  – (20 oktober 2010 om 03:42)  

Hmm, a bit of a mixed review. Your review makes me wonder if the author knew just what kind of a novel she was actually writing.

Melissa  – (20 oktober 2010 om 10:44)  

Sounds half-decent, though it doesn't sound like the most intriguing for my style...great honest review though! :)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (20 oktober 2010 om 11:55)  

I'm a werewolves fan so I will definitely check it out. Thanks for the honest review :)

Misty  – (25 oktober 2010 om 10:37)  

I'm still not sure about this one. I probably will read it at some point, but I'm in no rush.
Thanks for the review!

Faye  – (25 oktober 2010 om 11:33)  

I liked this book, but it didn't live up to my exceptions. I hope here's a 2nd book*fingers crossed*

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP