The Sevenfold Spell by Tia Nevitt

Title: The Sevenfold Spell
Written by: Tia Nevitt
Release date: September, 2010
Pages: 97
Source: Netgalley, Carina Press

My Feelings:


Description:
Have you ever wondered what happens to the other people in the fairy tale?

Things look grim for Talia and her mother. By royal proclamation, the constables and those annoying “good” fairies have taken away their livelihood by confiscating their spinning wheel. Something to do with a curse on the princess, they said.

Not every young lady has a fairy godmother rushing to her rescue.

Without the promise of an income from spinning, Talia’s prospects for marriage disappear, and she and her mother face destitution. Past caring about breaking an arbitrary and cruel law, rebellious Talia determines to build a new spinning wheel, the only one in the nation, which plays right into the evil fairy’s diabolical plan. Talia discovers that finding a happy ending requires sacrifice. But is it a sacrifice she’s willing to make?

My Review:

I thought this book would be different. I thought it would contain lot of magic scenes and sweet romance. The Sevenfold Spell disappointed me. The romance and the feeling that you get when you read a fairy tale was missing and for me those two are essential to a story like this.

Talia was a character I did not find likeable. Maybe it was because the story was 97 pages and there wasn’t any depth or just because she was not that fun. She felt a little bit too flat for me.
Her actions after her one and only went away where not acceptable and I could not understand her at all. It was just so shameful and bad.

I really liked the “good” fairies. They did have a small part in the story, but I loved what they did at the end.

I did like the ending. Not to spoil it for you, but the title of my blog will tell you everything you need to know. If you would love to read a fairy tale with an edge to it, you should try it otherwise stick to the old ones.

Melissa  – (5 oktober 2010 om 10:43)  

Oh, I'm sorry this disappointed. It does sound like it would be a sweet supernatural read. Now, I doubt this is for me. Great review though, and thank you for your honesty!

La Coccinelle  – (5 oktober 2010 om 11:06)  

Hmmm... Sounds like it could have been done a lot better.

Thanks for the honest review!

Melissa  – (5 oktober 2010 om 11:16)  

I might like this one. Sounds like the old faerie tales where a HEA was not guaranteed. Sorry, you didn't like it. Great review!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (5 oktober 2010 om 11:58)  

Hummm sounds like a pass. But thank you for the review. This cover is definitely eye catching.

Blodeuedd  – (5 oktober 2010 om 12:32)  

Not so good? Too bad, cos it does sound very promising

Book Monster  – (5 oktober 2010 om 13:25)  

Sad to hear it wasn't that good, I don't think I'll be picking this up any time.

Jenny N.  – (5 oktober 2010 om 14:54)  

I don't think I will read this one but the cover is nice.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (5 oktober 2010 om 18:06)  

Thank you for the honest review, if there's not really a romance, I probably wouldn't like it either!

Lily Child  – (6 oktober 2010 om 06:09)  

Sorry to hear that it was disappointing! :( Thanks for honest review! :)

Darlyn  – (6 oktober 2010 om 10:00)  

Like you have a disappointing read again. But thanks for the honest review girl. It looks like a great story.I love the cover ;p

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP