Sleepless by Thomas Fahy

Title: Sleepless
Written by: Thomas Fahy
Release date: August, 2009
Pages: 224
Source: Bought
Part of: Helluva Halloween 2010, All Hallows Eve

My Feelings:


Description:
SOMEONE ELSE WILL DIE SOON she tells herself.
SOMEONE ELSE WILL DIE AND I WILL BE RESPONSIBLE.
A few days after the first time you walk in your sleep, you kill someone. That's how the end begins.
Emma Montgomery has been having gruesome nightmares. Even worse, when she wakes up, she isn't where she was when she fell asleep. And she's not the only one. One by one the students of Saint Opportuna High start having nightmares, and sleepwalking. And the next morning one of their classmates turns up dead.
Something is making them kill in their sleep. Emma and her friends need to band together, to keep themselves awake until they can figure out what's behind the murders--before anyone else dies.

My Review:
Sleepless sounded like the perfect book for this time of the Month. Something that is totally creepy and scary to read during the night time. Unfortunately it was not that creepy or that scary for me to hide under the blankets.

When I read the back I thought the story would be about Emma. That she is the main character of the story. When I started reading the book it felt like Jake was the lead and not Emma. I think it has to do with the chapters, they are more about Jake telling us about his dreams and his live rather than Emma doing this. The characters are shallow, there was no characterization and therefore I did not get to know them better than first appearances.

The plot was nice, but could have used some more drama and scariness. Unfortunately there was also no suspense, there was a little bit of action, but it all came in the last few pages. I do liked the setting of the story, and the author describes this very well. It makes you feel like you are there in New Orleans.

The writing was very clear and I liked the flashbacks to the secret the kids share. All in all a nice read, but it lacked drama, suspense and some really scary stuff!

If you are looking for a nice book to read in the month of Halloween, you might want to give this a try. But be aware that it’s not that creepy as it sounds!

Sullivan McPig  – (11 oktober 2010 om 09:54)  

Hmmm... sounds like I an skip this one.
Thanks for the review

vvb32 reads  – (11 oktober 2010 om 10:06)  

don't know why but that cover creeps me out.

Natalie (Mindful Musings)  – (11 oktober 2010 om 10:55)  

Thanks for the honest review! I've never actually heard about this one, but the premise sounds really interesting. Maybe I'll check and see if the library has it.

Nina  – (11 oktober 2010 om 11:09)  

Natalie: Youre welcome. ;) It was very interesting, only too bad that it wasn't creepy.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (11 oktober 2010 om 12:54)  

No suspense? Bummer.

As for the cover, I find my self wanting to help her by ripping off that sleeping mask ;)

Blodeuedd  – (11 oktober 2010 om 13:05)  

Creepy cover for sure! But the way you describe it, well I think those things that are missing would be needed for me to enjoy it

Melissa  – (11 oktober 2010 om 13:33)  

Hmm... don't think this one is for me. Not one for shallow characters. Thanks for the review!

Kelsey  – (11 oktober 2010 om 15:06)  

This does sound interesting.. I'm glad it's not TOO creepy! Nice review :)

StephTheBookworm  – (11 oktober 2010 om 16:44)  

I've been wanting to read this one! I love scary and strange books.

Jenny N.  – (11 oktober 2010 om 18:31)  

Good to hear that its not too scary but everytime I see the cover it freakes me out.

Darlyn  – (11 oktober 2010 om 21:42)  

Would like to read this, even though it's lack of something you pointed. But really, the cover is creepy and the plot seems interesting. Thanks for an honest review.

btw, i tagged you!

http://darlynandbooks.blogspot.com/2010/10/tag-youre-it.html

brizmus  – (12 oktober 2010 om 06:55)  

super creepy cover - I'll have to remember this review if I decide to read the book, so that I'll be sure to know what I'm getting myself into and not risk disappointment.

Nina  – (12 oktober 2010 om 08:11)  

Darlyn: How fun! :) Thank you!

Faye  – (12 oktober 2010 om 09:02)  

my sister is reading sleepless now...she likes it but had to set it down for a Cirque Du Freak book lol I might read this.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (12 oktober 2010 om 09:34)  

this is such a creepy cover! i'm surprised its not that creepy on the inside! thanks for the great review!

Misty  – (12 oktober 2010 om 20:30)  

Hmm. It's a shame that it doesn't live up to the creepy cover. Might still give it a try sometime, but I'm in no rush.
Thanks for the review!

titania86  – (13 oktober 2010 om 00:31)  

I personally didn't like this one. It felt like a bad, nonscary Nightmare on Elm Street. Great review!

....Petty Witter  – (13 oktober 2010 om 06:30)  

Totally creepy - oh dear, I think this is one I'll be giving a miss. Given the fact that I sleep walk it's probably best I do anyway.

hmsgofita  – (14 oktober 2010 om 07:49)  

The cover looks plenty creepy! But yeah, I think I'll pass on this one. Thanks for the review.

wdebo  – (21 oktober 2010 om 00:32)  

Aw I'm kinda disappointed I really wanted to read this book, oh well, I guess it's good that its not that scary...because I get scared really easily lol.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP