Storm Warning by Toni Anderson

Title: Storm Warning
Written by: Toni Anderson
Release date: October, 2010
Pages: x
Source: Carina Press

Part of: Helluva Halloween 2010, All Hallows Eve

My Feelings:


Description:Sorcha Logan is looking for peace.
Recently returned to her hometown on Scotland's craggy coast, Sorcha wants to tame the spirits that made her flee. When she finds a corpse in the surf, however, she can't suppress the memory of discovering her father's body. Nor can she suppress the ghosts that haunt her-or the town's conviction that she's dangerous, and a witch.

Ben Foley is looking for a killer.
An American DEA agent, Ben is in town to investigate the suspicious death of his partner. He's sure that Sorcha knows more than she's letting on-but the more time he spends with the sexy suspect, the less he can fight their illicit attraction. And the less certain he is she's involved with a drug cartel.
But can Ben protect Sorcha from being set up? Or worse-killed?

My Review:
When I saw the cover of this book, it reminded me of the X-men. Why? The girl on the cover looks like Storm, the hair, the weather, even the title reminded me of her. Then I read the description and knew that the characters aren’t the same, but anyway I should read it. And I am glad I did.

Sorcha is a strong character, that has walked a long and painful path that leads her back to Scotland. Even though she felt a deep connection to Ben, she stayed strong and did not behave like the most heroines. Which is to fall in love immediately and walk with her head all up in the clouds.

I liked Ben too. Sometimes way too serious and needs to loosen up a bit. I liked that he thought of this job first. He is very protective of Sorcha and saves her a lot of the time.

The story is good. There are lot of things happening, and as a reader I was sucked in to Sorcha’s life. I also liked that I get to know both of their feelings, as both are narratives.
To read the parts of the killer was heavy. The way he thought was just creepy. I loved that there was a ghost involved, but I would have liked to see the ghost more. It would make the story more powerful and give it an extra edge.

Overall, Storm Warning is a great book. It’s a short thriller with almost the right elements, with a paranormal touch it would have been excellent.

Blodeuedd  – (15 oktober 2010 om 08:04)  

I think xmen too, and then there is the name to.
But great review Nina

Toni Anderson  – (15 oktober 2010 om 09:59)  

Thank you for the lovely review, Nina. I never thought of the X-men until you mentioned it and now I'll never forget it :)

Melissa  – (15 oktober 2010 om 10:22)  

LOL! I was thinking Storm from the X-men too! :) I might have to check this one out. Thanks!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (15 oktober 2010 om 13:05)  

Love the review and I too tooootallly thought of X-Men and Storm :)

Kelsey  – (15 oktober 2010 om 14:44)  

Sounds interesting! Nice review. Yay X-Men <3 :)

Jenny N.  – (15 oktober 2010 om 18:25)  

Nice review, when I saw the cover and title I thought X-Men too.

Marce  – (15 oktober 2010 om 20:11)  

Sounds interesting, the cover totally reminds me of STorm from XMen also, that movie was GREAT.

Lily Child  – (16 oktober 2010 om 05:46)  

Wow...you make this book sound really interesting! I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Btw..I agree the cover does remind me of Storm and X-Men. :)

....Petty Witter  – (16 oktober 2010 om 08:03)  

Sounds like a good read, thanks for the recommendation.

Lea (YA Book Queen)  – (17 oktober 2010 om 12:09)  

I really love the sound of this one, especially after reading your thoughts on it! Great review, Nina :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP