The Boy in the Dress by David Walliams

Title: The Boy in the Dress
Written by: David Walliams
Release date: October, 2008
Pages: 288
Source: Bought

My Feelings:


Description:
The sparkling debut children's novel from David Walliams, co-creator and co-star of the multi-award-winning Little Britain. Dennis was different. Why was he different, you ask? Well, a small clue might be in the title of this book! Charming, surprising and hilarious -- The Boy in the Dress is everything you would expect from the co-creator of Little Britain. David Walliams's beautiful first novel will touch the hearts (and funny bones) of children and adults alike.

My Review:
The Boy in the Dress is a wonderful novel that sparked my interest with one look at the title.

Dennis is a 12 year old boy who has to deal with the fact that his mother left the family. He thinks he’s different than other boys and girls of his age and when he dresses up he feels on top of the world. He feels more like Dennis. I liked this character a lot. He has such a passion about football and at the same time also with fashion. This reminded me of the movie ‘The Devil Wears Prada’ where the guy who works there read Vogue under the blankets in his home. Well, Dennis reads them too, but at a friends house. You got to love Vogue.

Every page is filled with a little joke of the author. There are no boring parts and the chapters are very short, which I like. The writing is easy and children should have no hard time reading this story. Children will enjoy this story and come to an understanding that it’s okay to be different.

The illustrations are beautiful. Well done Quentin Blake. They where fun to look at!

Like the description says it’s charming, surprising and hilarious! It’s the first children novel that Walliams wrote and he did a fine good job with it. I’m for sure going to look for more books by this author.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (8 november 2010 om 09:38)  

Yes, I agree that title really gets your attention! :) This sounds like a good one for some of my little cousins. I think they might love it.

Blodeuedd  – (8 november 2010 om 11:57)  

Huh, the boy in the dress, well that title sure got my attention. I am glad you liked it

Melissa  – (8 november 2010 om 15:23)  

The title is enough to draw me in! This sounds like something my cousins little daughters would love. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, Nina! :)

Cleverly Inked  – (8 november 2010 om 17:22)  

Sounds extremely strange, I guess I will have to read it. I am a bit confused about it, is he a cross dresser?

....Petty Witter  – (9 november 2010 om 02:10)  

How strange is this? I was just watching a show in which David Walliams was a guest talking, amongst other things, about this very book. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll be sure to look it up at the library the next time I'm there.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (9 november 2010 om 09:34)  

oh my gosh, this looks so great!! Thank you for sharing, and i loved your review!

Buy T shirts Online  – (11 oktober 2012 om 03:49)  

Fancy dress costumes again vary in terms of boys and girls. Most of the boys will love the dress of super heroes and they will switch onto dresses of superman, Spiderman and other imaginary heroes. Tshirt Design

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP