Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.

The United States - The Netherlands

What I like about the US cover is that you get to know how the two of the main characters look like. And they look pretty frightened too. What I love about the Dutch cover is that it gives you an idea that the story contains a lot of action and that the childeren got some powerful powers. I love that the boy and the girl are the same as in the US cover. I also like the colour of the title at the Dutch cover. And also that the book still is called Gone, but they put the translation of the word underneath. The Dutch cover got more power to it and I would buy it in a heartbeat, without me knowing what the story is all about. So for me the Dutch cover wins!

Here you can find the description of the book!

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

Christina/Book Addict  – (3 november 2010 om 04:47)  

Hmm, this one is a tough one b/c I think both are pretty good, but I have to go with the US one. I like how you get to see the characters, too!

Lu  – (3 november 2010 om 05:00)  

I like the Dutch cover more :)

Lea (YA Book Queen)  – (3 november 2010 om 05:27)  

I love the Dutch one, it definitely gives me more of a feel for the story. Plus, it just looks cool ;)

Michelle  – (3 november 2010 om 05:35)  

I love the Dutch cover more. It makes the book look creepier. I love that top image with the four people standing in the distance.

Blodeuedd  – (3 november 2010 om 09:58)  

I am not that happy about either cover, but if I have to choose then the US one by far

Jenny N.  – (3 november 2010 om 13:38)  

I like the Dutch one better too. Whenever I see the US cover the girl always looks like she's pregnant to me. Maybe its what she's wearing.

Cleverly Inked  – (4 november 2010 om 06:40)  

I love your dutch cover alerts!!

....Petty Witter  – (4 november 2010 om 07:44)  

In a word, neither. The couple in the US version look like waxwork dummies and the Dutch cover looks more like the cover you'd find on a DVD box.

Melissa  – (4 november 2010 om 09:36)  

I don't really like either, to be honest haha I guess if I had to pick I'd go with the US, but only because the Dutch one looks like a DVD in my opinion :)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (5 november 2010 om 07:20)  

I've read this, and the Dutch one definitely shows the book more accurately!!! I like the Dutch one better b/c I was pretty mislead by the US cover. I didn't really like the book as much as you did, and I might not have even picked it up if it had an accurate cover like the Dutch one.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP