Hunger by Michael Grant

Title: Hunger (Gone #2)
Written by: Michael Grant
Release date: May, 2009
Pages: 590
Source: Borrowed (library)

My Feelings:


Description:
It's been three months since everyone under the age of fifteen became trapped in the bubble known as the FAYZ. Things have only gotten worse. Food is running out, and each day more kids are developing supernatural abilities. Soon tension rises between those with powers and those without, and when an unspeakable tragedy occurs, chaos erupts. It's the normals against the mutants, and the battle promises to turn bloody.

But something more dangerous lurks. A sinister creature known as the Darkness has begun to call to the survivors in the FAYZ. It needs their powers to sustain its own. When the Darkness calls, someone will answer -- with deadly results.

My Review:
Let me start by saying that if you are on a diet or cannot eat anything sweet at all, but still wants too, this book is not for you. Every time they mentioned that they didn’t have food, because the kids ate all the chocolate bars and the crunchy stuff, my stomach went FOOD. Yeah, I gained at least a few pounds while reading this book. Okay, I’m only joking, but I swear it felt that way.

Hunger is a great second book in the Gone series. The characters are truly growing and developing and some are beginning to be my favourites. I still like Sam, but Astrid on the other hand is getting on my nerves. She is supposed to be the smart one, the one with the brain, but sometimes she doesn’t make the right choices and it irritated me. And little Pete is getting more powerful and starts to freak me out. Caine has gone mad, but he has Diana, so hopefully that will work out.

I still love the different views in this story and we get to know the secondary characters a lot better. The plot is as the first one awesome. It’s very excited to read and when I started I couldn’t put it down.

If you have read Gone, you should get this one. If you have not? Read my review and please try it! The third book ‘Lies’ has already hit the shelves and I’m enthusiastic that I can tell you I received a copy of it. Looking forward to the third instalment.

Blodeuedd  – (26 november 2010 om 06:32)  

I am confused..how could all the kids in the entire world be in a bubble? How does it work

....Petty Witter  – (26 november 2010 om 06:43)  

Good to know that the characters are developing. I think it spoils a series when the characters become stale, even more so then when its the plot that becomes predictable.

Jenny  – (26 november 2010 om 08:06)  

I have't read Gone or this one, but I'm loving the sound of them. I like when the characters grow and mature with each book and you can actually see a progression. Thanks so much for this fantastic review!

Melissa  – (26 november 2010 om 11:13)  

Great review! I haven't gone past Gone yet, but I'm glad to see you liked this one, too! :)

YA Vampire Books  – (26 november 2010 om 13:34)  

Great review! I know I have read the first book in this series but I can't remember if I have read this one... :P

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (26 november 2010 om 20:44)  

LOL
I know what you mean.
Some books should come with a food consumption warning.
Great review!

Blueicegal ♥  – (27 november 2010 om 11:06)  

i am a big fan of the first book can not wait to read this!

Jessica (BookLover)  – (27 november 2010 om 11:20)  

There are a few books where I've felt like I gained a few pounds while reading, too. LOL

Excellent review! I enjoyed the first installment so I don't know why I haven't picked up the second.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (27 november 2010 om 11:20)  

I haven't read Gone... but hmm... this sounds interesting. Luckily I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so I think I can get through this one. :)

Shy  – (28 november 2010 om 04:11)  

I am indeed happy to hear that you love this book! I've both Gone and Hunger on my shelf right now so I think it's about time to push them on top of my TBR list!

Lea (YA Book Queen)  – (29 november 2010 om 07:29)  

Great review, Nina! I'll have to read Gone, it seems like everyone enjoys this series,

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP