The Little Prince by Joann Sfar, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Title: The Little Prince
Written by: Joann Sfar, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Release date: October, 2010
Pages: 112
Source: HMH Books

My Feelings:


Description:
For over sixty-five years Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's The Little Prince has captured the hearts and minds of its readers. The whimsical story with a fairy tale touch has sold over 80 million copies in 230 languages. This exciting graphic adaptation features beautiful, new artwork by Joann Sfar. Hand-chosen by Saint-Exupéry's French publishers for his literary style and sensitivity to the original, Sfar has endeavored to recreate this beloved story, both honoring the original and stretching it to new heights. A vibrant, visual gift for longtime fans and those experiencing the story for the first time.

My Review:
The Little Prince is a story that I read a long time ago and finding out there was a graphic novel of it, I grabbed my chance to read it.

I adore the story of the Little Prince. As always it keeps me wondering if the pilot has gone mad, delusional or if the little guy really exist. The graphic novel stays true to the original story, in a shorter way.

The illustrations are colourful and very cute. Some illustrations are easy to understand with the writing, but some are more difficult. I don’t know if younger readers can read this without some help from their parents. I do think it’s a great book for middle graders and even young adults.

A lovely short story for everyone who enjoyed The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry!

Enbrethiliel  – (7 november 2010 om 10:02)  

+JMJ+

Interesting! Thanks for blogging about this!

I'm not sure I like the Little Prince's new look, though. =( He looks like an alien! (Hmmmm. Maybe that's the point? LOL!) But being so used to the original illustrations, I'm bound to be jarred by any new take. I think I'd have a more positive response if the artist totally went in an opposite direction from Exupery's vision. Not to contradict it, but to put completely original spin on it. I'd love to see, for instance, Neil Gaiman do a faithful Little Prince graphic novel.

Melissa  – (7 november 2010 om 11:04)  

I read this in French a looooong time ago. I barely remember it, which probably means I should read it again soon haha great review, Nina! :)

Kelsey  – (7 november 2010 om 12:29)  

Wow this looks interesting.. I second what Juju said. I can't believe I haven't read this!

Blodeuedd  – (7 november 2010 om 12:41)  

Never red it either, shame on me

Sarah  – (7 november 2010 om 16:21)  

I think the little prince looks like an alien, too--such big eyes. I love this book, but I'm not sure about a graphic novel version...

Lizzy  – (7 november 2010 om 17:50)  

I've never read it either! I'm glad I'm not alone, though. I'd be more apt to read the book version over the graphic novel though. Thanks for the review :)

Jenny N.  – (7 november 2010 om 19:18)  

I remember reading The Little Prince in french class, ans was wondering what the graphic novel would be like. Thanks for the review.

Jillian  – (7 november 2010 om 21:13)  

This is definitely one of my favorites. Great review Nina, and I want to check out the graphic novel now!

....Petty Witter  – (8 november 2010 om 03:57)  

I've heard of The Little Princess but not The Little Prince. This sounds like a wonderful read, thanks for telling us about it.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (8 november 2010 om 09:37)  

I'm not sure I'd like the new illustrations. The original was a true classic. However, glad to know that there is still interest in this story.

Cleverly Inked  – (8 november 2010 om 17:23)  

I have not read this, where have I been under a rock?

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP