Split by a Kiss by Luisa Playa

Title: Split by a Kiss
Written by: Luisa Playa
Release date: March, 2008
Pages: 320
Source: Received by Luisa Playa

My Feelings:


Description:

Jo has just moved to America with her mum. On her first day in her new school, she seems to be adopted by the It girls, and is invited to one of their parties. There, she meets Jake Matthews, officially the hottest boy in school, and when Jake wants to kiss her, she can't believe her luck. But the reality of being kissed by Jake is not quite as great as the fantasy... and Jo has a choice to make: should she carry on, kiss Jake and secure her position in the It crowd - or should she tell him where to get off and risk relegation back to the land of the ordinary...?

At this moment - Jo splits. She's Josie the Cool - girlfriend of Jake, member of the It crowd. She's also Jo the Nerd - rejected by the It crowd, single... Will her two halves ever come back together again?

My Review:
I always said to my parents that when I turned 18 years old I would move to the USA. I don’t know what I would do there, but to go to another country and just live there was always my biggest dream. I turned 18 and guess what, I stayed in the little cold country where I am still living today. But what if I made the decision to pack my belongings and go.

When Jo has to make a decision she splits in two persons. I thought that this would get confusing, but each chapter has a different letter type and a picture that belongs to Jo or Josie. In each chapter the character has to make a decision and they both do it differently, so the outcomes are never the same. With this, you want to read faster so you can find out what happens next.

Also what I liked about the chapters are that they are short. You could easily read one chapter and get out of the train and then in the subway read the next one. No need to hurry and read the whole chapter so fast you don’t really know what happened.

I liked all of the characters. You got all the cliché characters that come along when you are popular and the not so cliché characters when you are a nerd.
Jo is a fun and sweet character and I really liked her voice in this story.

Split by a Kiss is cute story about a girl who learns who she is and what she wants trough two different personalities. I look forward to read Swapped by a Kiss, it has the same cuteness factor with the cover going on. If you like fun, easy light books this one is right for you.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (18 november 2010 om 06:06)  

It's funny how we crave different right?
I use to want to pack up and move to Europe :)

Melissa  – (18 november 2010 om 06:09)  

I've always wanted to get out of the States...doubt I ever will though haha this sounds like a cute and fun read...great review, Nina :)

....Petty Witter  – (18 november 2010 om 06:18)  

Love the cover, not so sure about the story though. It was always Greece I wanted to live, come to think of it I still wouldn't mind.

YA Vampire Books  – (18 november 2010 om 09:11)  

great review! it's a cute book isn't it? :)

Blodeuedd  – (18 november 2010 om 09:30)  

The book I read by her was cute too so i know what you are saying :=)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (18 november 2010 om 11:13)  

Sounds like a fun cute book. Might have to pick this one up for a light read. Thanks!

Mad Scientist  – (18 november 2010 om 11:47)  

I'm think cute cover. There is something about it that is too full but it is def something to look at.

Stop by anytime. I am starting a Reading Bucket List Challenge for 2011, you might be interested :)

Mad Scientist,
http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

Jessica (BookLover)  – (18 november 2010 om 12:40)  

Great review! It DOES sound like such a cute story and the cover is cute, too. :)

Jenny  – (18 november 2010 om 15:36)  

This sounds like such an interesting read! I love the idea of getting the split thoughts and actions of the same character. I've always wondered what life would be like if I had made different decisions along the way. Nice review Nina!

Corrine  – (18 november 2010 om 16:17)  

This sounds like a cute read! I love your review! I guess the grass is always greener eh? I always wanted to move to England, but I don't see that happening anytime soon (or say, ever). :)

Ladybug  – (19 november 2010 om 04:49)  

Great review, Nina. I think Louis Plaja's "Kiss" series sounds sweet and funny :)

Nina  – (19 november 2010 om 08:49)  

Juju/Corrine: How fun right! I think a lot of people play the what if game a lot of the time of their lives. mmm. :P

Mad Scientist: Comming soon to your blog. ;) Thanx for commenting!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP