Book Blogging 2010

1.New favourite book blog you discovered in 2010?
There are so many great blogs out there and I have no idea which one I discovered this year. I have a lot of favourite blogs, so I will only name two: Books with Bite and Confessions of a Bookaholic .

2.Favourite review that you wrote in 2010?
Probably Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Wildthorn by Jane Eagland

3.Best discussion you had on your blog?
I don't have discussions on my blog. But I do love all of your thoughts on the Dutch Cover alert posts. And I loved all of your thoughts on the Hush Hush cover.

4.Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else's blog?

More Springfield News-Leader Updates on the Book Banning Controversy and
Speak Loudly: Follow-up Article in Springfield News-Leader @ Mindful Musings.

5.Best event that you participated in?
I loved the Virginia Woolf challenge and the read-a- thon earlier this year. I never heard of Virginia Woolf before and the challenge was a great way to learn more about her writing and life.
But the best event was really the Elf Fantasy Fair in Holland. There where authors signing books, you could buy a lot of books for low prices and everybody was dressed up beautiful.

6.Best moment of book blogging in 2010?
Probably when everybody came together in the blogging world when the Book Banning Controversy happened. Check out number 4 if you missed it.

7.Best bookish discovery?
I know this is old, the Book Depository , but I never bought any books there.
This year I bought a few. Okay let’s say a lot and I love it. Even though it takes them a while to deliver the books, I'm still fond of their prices.

Marce  – (28 december 2010 om 07:31)  

Book Depository is the best for us international bloggers, totally agree.

Kelsey  – (28 december 2010 om 08:18)  

Great point with #6! Looking forward to another great blogging year in 2011 :)

Blodeuedd  – (28 december 2010 om 09:14)  

Do love that bookdepo ships witout a cost, and even if places here did, then bookdepo books are still cheaper :)

Pisinat  – (28 december 2010 om 10:07)  

Book Depository is definitely the best!
Elf Fantasy Fair seemed to be a really great event !

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (28 december 2010 om 13:02)  

I'm starting to like ebooks more, but TBD is still good. :) Great list there!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (28 december 2010 om 16:14)  

What cool pictures. It looks like such a fun time!

Jenny N.  – (28 december 2010 om 18:56)  

Love TBD. Discovered it last year and have already a ton of books from there.

Natalie (Mindful Musings)  – (28 december 2010 om 20:53)  

Glad to have made your list! Lol. You're right though...that entire controversy was VERY interesting and thought provoking. It had the whole blogosphere riled up for weeks!

Becky  – (28 december 2010 om 23:49)  

Oh wow that Elf Fair looks amazing and so much fun.

Shweta  – (29 december 2010 om 06:53)  

Elf Fantasy Fair!! Wow that must have been fun :) Great list ..

Jenny  – (29 december 2010 om 09:36)  

I agree with you on the Book Depository, that was a new find for me this year as well:) And that Elf Fantasy Fair looks amazing, I want to visit that castle:)

June G  – (29 december 2010 om 14:56)  

I have to agree with you about Hush Hush. It was a nice story, but nothing like all the hype surrounding it. I think it's probably because it was the first major YA that started talking about angels. I've heard book two, Crescendo is better.

A Canadian Girl  – (29 december 2010 om 15:47)  

I love the Book Depository! Had I not started blogging, I would have never heard about it.

Melissa  – (29 december 2010 om 16:58)  

I'm totally with you on the Book Depository! It's probably the best thing in the whole world. I'm totally adding Netgalley to that mix ;)

Alison  – (29 december 2010 om 17:51)  

I agree that the Speak Loudly campaign was a big deal in the blogging community. Mr. Scroggins ironically encouraged a lot of people to read banned books.

Lizzy  – (29 december 2010 om 19:17)  

That fair looks like it was a lot of fun! I also have to agree about the Book Depository. I love the free shipping, even if they do take a while to get delivered.

Carissa  – (30 december 2010 om 08:02)  

The Elf fantasy fair looked like it was so much fun. What a beautiful setting. Wonderful post!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP