Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.

The Netherlands - The United States

I adore the Dutch covers for the Vampire Academy series. The covers are gorgeous. The colours of the background and the whole thing just causes a wow moment. They truly will stand out next to each other on a bookshelf. I am for sure going to look them up at the library, but there is not much hope that I will get to read one very soon. These covers are so brilliantly done, that I can guarantee there will be a very long waiting list. The mask, the flower in the hand and then the awesome background, gosh, I just really adore it.

Here you can find the description of the book!

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

See covers of Vampire Academy (#1) and Frostbite (#2)!

Jenny N.  – (8 december 2010 om 10:59)  

Wow the Dutch one does look better.

Christina/Book Addict  – (8 december 2010 om 11:04)  

I actually hate the US covers for this series. I'm not sure I LOVE the Dutch covers, but I think it's better than the US. Thanks for sharing this!

Adriana  – (8 december 2010 om 11:09)  

The Dutch covers are so pretty!!! They don't fit the books all that much, but still I really like them. :D

Melissa  – (8 december 2010 om 11:22)  

Dutch, for sure, but to be honest, I don't really like either haha :)

vvb32 reads  – (8 december 2010 om 11:47)  

in this case i vote for neither. the UK version is best ;-D

Lea (YA Book Queen)  – (8 december 2010 om 12:15)  

Whoa, the Dutch cover rocks! (and I just took a look at the other two you linked - the first one is gorgeous!!)

Kelly aka yllektra(I Work For Books)  – (8 december 2010 om 12:15)  

I like them both, but I think i prefer the UK one! lol

Blodeuedd  – (8 december 2010 om 12:47)  

I do like the Dutch cover better, but it what does it have to do with the book at all?

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (8 december 2010 om 13:15)  

I've never seen the Dutch covers for VA before. Honestly, I think they are pretty, but having just started the series, I'm not sure if the covers really fit. I'm not so big on the US covers either.

VA needs a new cover designer! haha!

Love this feature! :)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (8 december 2010 om 13:44)  

Definitely Dutch. The other one is sooo "been there done that" = i.e. unoriginal.

Kelsey  – (8 december 2010 om 14:08)  

Wow great pick! I love the mask on the Dutch one, it's very unique!

irisonbooks  – (8 december 2010 om 15:18)  

Ugh, the Dutch title is so bad, or the series title anyway: "Academicus Vampyrus" - really?

Only because of that, I'd pick the US cover. But better yet, the new red covers, they are gorgeous.

Lizzy  – (8 december 2010 om 19:27)  

Love the Dutch Cover, and definitely not a fan of the US version.

Darlyn  – (8 december 2010 om 21:04)  

I really love the Dutch cover!

....Petty Witter  – (9 december 2010 om 03:49)  

I didn't even have to look twice - the Netherlands cover is far superior. The guy on the US cover had me laughing, the expression on his face, hilarious.

Nina  – (10 december 2010 om 06:33)  

Blodeuedd: No idea! ;)

Petty Witter: It is pretty funny!

Lily Child  – (13 december 2010 om 01:35)  

The Dutch cover, for sure! :)

YA Vampire Books  – (14 december 2010 om 04:00)  

I'm not a big fan of either cover. Such a great series deserve much better covers! :)

Aik  – (18 december 2010 om 21:05)  

Both look good, I think. But the colour of the US version is brighter.

Cari  – (27 december 2010 om 21:05)  

Wow I might be alone here but I think the US version fits in better with the book

PolishOutlander  – (2 januari 2011 om 11:52)  

I am loving the Dutch cover! I must admit that I am not a huge fan of our US covers for the series. All the foreign covers just looks so much better!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP