The End of 2010 Survey

I hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas! I had a blast. The snow is finally melting and it feels a bit warmer outside. I was browsing online and saw a fun survey at I was a teenage book geek blog, she had taken it from The Perpetual Page Turner and I thought why not! So here it goes...

1. Best book of 2010?
This has to be Carrie Pilby by Caren Lissner. From all the books that I have read this girl Carrie came close to my own personality. She is socially awkward, sarcastic and is finding out who she truly is, This book was perfect and has a special place in my heart.

2. Worst book of 2010?
Actually it’s an adult book that I have read in the beginning of 2010 “Witch Way to the Mall?” By Esther Friesner. The whole thing was supposed to be funny, but I never laughed once. And you know what the worst thing was? That I passed a Terry Pratchett book for this one. I hope he can forgive me for this silly mistake.

3. Most disappointing book of 2010?
Sleepless by Thomas Fahy and Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. The hype around Hush Hush was so big that I thought that it would be an awesome book. But unfortunately it wasn’t. It didn’t bring anything new to the table and therefore I felt disappointed. Sleepless was not scary. I thought it would be a great Halloween story, but it lacked scariness.

4. Most surprising (in a good way) book of 2010?
Jungle Kill by Jim Eldridge! For sure! I never read anything like that in my life before. Everything that included war never got read by me. So this book surprised me, it contains graphic scenes of warfare, but I didn’t mind. It was part of all the action. And I love my action scenes.

5. Book you recommended to people most in 2010?
Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison. Actually I don’t know if I did a lot of recommendations for books this year. But I adored this book, so if you haven’t read it, go get a copy.

6. Best series you discovered in 2010?
I have three series that I discovered this year. The Gone Series by Michael Grant, The Devouring series by Simon Holt and The Darkest Powers series by Kelly Armstrong. To be honest, there are a few more that should be here, but these three are and where my most favourite.

7. Favourite new authors you discovered in 2010?
I discovered a lot of new authors this year. Virginia Woolf, Laura Esquivel, Kimberly Derting, Kelly Armstrong, Kim Harrison, Michael Grant, Sara Shepard and Stacey Jay.

8. Most hilarious read of 2010?
The Boy in the Dress by David Walliams. That boy was so cute. David Walliams wrote a very hilarious book and his thoughts inside it where hilarious.

9. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2010?
The Forest of Hand and Teeth by Carrie Ryan. It’s probably one of the scariest books I read in 2010. I had to read it in one sitting. So good. A book is scary for me, when I read it the night before and the next morning I’m walking in the dark to go to the train station and my mind is busy to figure out if that is a tree or a zombie. This book did that to me. So this question actually must be what's the most scarriest, unputdownable book in 2010.

10. Book you most anticipated in 2010?
Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon.

11. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2010?
The Hollow by Jessica Verday.

12. Most memorable character in 2010?
Carrie Pilby from Caren Lissner. And Tita from Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel (Adult book). Tita, because of her strength, willpower and love.

13. Most beautifully written book in 2010?
Carrie Pilby by Caren Lissner.

14. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2010?
Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson. After reading, it tears where running down my face. Such a graphic story about anorexia. Sometimes I had to stop reading, just because I was too sick to go on.

15. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2010 to finally read?
You Are So Undead To Me by Stacey Jay. So much fun! Cannot believe I waited so long. And I don´t even have a good reason for it.

Tomorrow I have answers to the survey of Book blogging in 2010!

Lauren  – (27 december 2010 om 05:45)  

I agree with you about Sleepless by Thomas Fahy. It just was not scary at all. Oh, and thanks for reminding me of Carrie Pilby by Caren Lissner! I keep meaning to read it but whenever I go to buy books I forgot the title and author.

Christina/Book Addict  – (27 december 2010 om 07:18)  

Great survey! I also couldn't put down Forest of Hands and Teeth- I remember that book scared the crap out of me! haha! Hope you are having a great holiday!

Marce  – (27 december 2010 om 08:04)  

I loved your answers to the survey Nina. I haven't read any of those books though. :-) I do want to try some of your new favourite authors.

readerbuzz  – (27 december 2010 om 08:17)  

All of these are new titles to me. Excellent. I love to discover new authors.

J'adore les livres!

Here's my Best of 2010 list:
http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2010/12/sunday-salon-best-of-2010-in-books.html

readerbuzz  – (27 december 2010 om 08:18)  

Oh, yes, and I'm a new follower!

Lenore  – (27 december 2010 om 08:53)  

The Hollow cover is gorgeous!

Blodeuedd  – (27 december 2010 om 09:09)  

Greta list :) Too bad most are books I have not read, but hey that is what next year is for ;)

Pisinat  – (27 december 2010 om 09:13)  

I really like Carrie Pilby too. She's an extremely interesting character !

Milli  – (27 december 2010 om 09:30)  

I didn't like hush, hush either. And I agree, Laurie Halse Anderson books are so..awesome but they really impact you in a way. Thanks for recommending Carrie Pilby, it soudns pretty good.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (27 december 2010 om 11:18)  

What a great list! Some of these I really need to get and read. I agreed with Hush Hush, but I did like the cover. :)

Amanda  – (27 december 2010 om 12:43)  

I admire all of you who can pick out a single book for each answer!

YA Vampire Books  – (27 december 2010 om 12:47)  

Fun survey! I will check out the books you mentioned!

Shantal  – (27 december 2010 om 16:23)  

WoW !! love this meme , I couldn't pick just one answer for the questions, =) thanks for sharing

Cari  – (27 december 2010 om 21:00)  

What a great list! I am going to have to get Gone. Also how amazing is Kimberly Derting?

Jenny N.  – (27 december 2010 om 22:34)  

I like the Hollow cover too and was disappointed they changed the covers for the series.

alexandra george  – (30 december 2010 om 14:26)  

hi, i found you from this survey, love your choices and your blog, i became a follower!!! have a lovely new year :)

notinthepink.com  – (2 januari 2011 om 13:53)  

Damn, I have Hush, Hush on my wishlist because of all the hype. Sorry to hear you didn't find it that great.

But I love your other book choices. :D You went through some great reads this year, hun.

~*~*~

Ceri

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP