If I stay by Gayle Forman

Title: If I Stay
Written by: Gayle Forman
Release date: April, 2009
Pages: 199
Source: Library

My Feelings:


Description:
In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen-year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...
A sophisticated, layered, and heart achingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make—and the ultimate choice Mia commands.

My Review:
If I Stay is a sad, heartbreaking story that left me with tears running down my face.
The story pulled me in and never let me go.

The story is been told trough Mia. As she thinks of her life, family, friends and boyfriend, there are these flashbacks that take you back in time. We get to know the ups and downs that a family has and the love they share for one another. It felt real and therefore the characters felt real too.

It was hard not too care for each of them. It was heartbreaking to see Mia struggle with the decision. Her family was so lively, loving and compassionate that I could see it was hard to go on without them, but also very hard to give up the one thing that they loved the most. Life.
I want to tell more about the story, but if I do this there's a risk I will tell everything! So just get a copy!

Gayle Forman writes beautifully and every chapter has so much emotion in it, that it will leave you with tears in your eyes. If I Stay is a powerful story about love, life and the struggle between it. I recommend this to everyone who can deal with an emotional story about life and death.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (6 december 2010 om 11:18)  

Sounds heart breaking and good. Great review :)

Nina  – (6 december 2010 om 11:27)  

Juju: It is very sad, but totally worth it. :)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (6 december 2010 om 11:45)  

Another glowing review. I have stayed away because of the sadness... but I may have to pick this up. *sigh* Need more tissues!

Melissa  – (6 december 2010 om 11:50)  

Brilliant review, Nina! I haven't read this yet because of the content (I'm a bit sensitive to it), but I hear it's incredible. Maybe I should add it to my list after all :)

Blodeuedd  – (6 december 2010 om 12:54)  

Sniff, too sad, I just finished a book with a HEA but there was one sad thing and now I am really sad. I can't handle it

Jenny N.  – (6 december 2010 om 16:51)  

Haven't read it yet but I just know its going to be a sad book. Didn't know it was such a short read, only 199 pages.

Book Monster  – (6 december 2010 om 19:38)  

I really want to read this but have been so hesitant to pick it up. I heard they're making a movie of it and Dakota Fanning will be the main lead.

....Petty Witter  – (7 december 2010 om 08:24)  

what a heartbreaking review, just reading this brought tears to my eyes so goodness only knows what effect the book would have.

Jessica (BookLover)  – (7 december 2010 om 15:18)  

This book made me teary-eyed. :( But I liked it! I wonder if the movie will be half as good.

hmsgofita  – (10 december 2010 om 11:14)  

I really enjoyed this one. It was so poignant and I cried too.

Lily Child  – (13 december 2010 om 01:36)  

This is a book that I will be reading soon, so I was excited to read your review! :) I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm really looking forward to reading it! :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP