I've Been Watching...

The Children’s House (1961)
I adore this movie. I mean you have two fabulous actors in one movie, Audrey Hepburn and Shirley Maclaine! They act so well and that little girl Mary, ooh, I hated her guts. I wished her aunt just slapped her. The issue of this movie was in that period of time a very hushed one and therefore they deserve a round of applause. Very brave to do this. I didn’t see what happened at the end coming and therefore thought it was well played out and very realistic. The Children’s House is a movie that must not be missed.












Wuthering Heights (2009)
After reading Wuthering Heights my best friend told me I have to watch the movie with Ralph Fiennes in it. I looked for it, but couldn’t find it. I did stumbled upon this version and I’m glad I bought it. The surroundings, the house, everything was so beautiful. At the start of the movie I did get confused, because I saw Catherine in a red coat and a blue scarf, it looked like Catherine was in 2010 and not in back in 1800’s. Weird! The actors where brilliant in their role and Heathcliff was my favourite.


If I had to choose between those two movies to watch again, it would be:
Wuthering Heights, but just because I own that one on DVD.

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (5 december 2010 om 04:45)  

Wuthering Heights is one of my all time favourite books - I've never seen this movie version, though. Must check it out!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (5 december 2010 om 07:16)  

Man I love WH the book. I need to try a film. Part of me is holding out for the new remake they are supposedly working on.

Jenny N.  – (5 december 2010 om 10:45)  

I've seen the other version of WH but haven't seen this one yet. Must see if my library has it in stock or not.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (5 december 2010 om 11:18)  

I haven't seen that version of WH. I'll have to check it out!

Jessica (BookLover)  – (5 december 2010 om 12:29)  

I haven't seen The Children's House but now I want to. :)

Blodeuedd  – (5 december 2010 om 13:27)  

Hm perhaps I should watch Wuthering Heights then...but it so depressing

Sarah  – (5 december 2010 om 13:33)  

Ooh, The Children's Hour is a good one. I saw it on TV a few years ago...and while I own the Wuthering Heights movie, I haven't actually watched the whole thing yet...I'll get on that over Christmas break :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these movies!

Ladybug  – (5 december 2010 om 16:03)  

I've seen that version of Wuthering Heights and I just loved it!

Shy  – (6 december 2010 om 01:33)  

Oooh, you REALLY should watch that version of Wuthering Height! OMG, I fall in love with Ralph Fiennes ever since. So, so, so, so good!

Nina  – (6 december 2010 om 11:26)  

Shy: I think I will try and borrow it from my friend. Everyone keeps telling me it's good. ;)

Blodeuedd:It is depressing, but soooo good.

Kiwi..  – (21 december 2010 om 13:06)  

I really love your blog! Its fabulous!!!i am in love with the owls the features the writing! And i read the first few of your "I've Been Watching" and i love it! I have a similar feature but i am not so regular! I know i sound like a lunatic but again i love your blog so so so much!

do drop by mine too sometime..
http://blogonlinerandom.blogspot.com

shanner99  – (19 februari 2011 om 15:08)  

I love that version of Wuthering Heights (actually it's the only one I've seen, but still...)! It does the book justice, and it has a beautiful setting, and great acting too. And Tom Hardy is soo hot. He played Eames in Inception also; I couldn't believe it was the same person lol.

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP