Logic of Demons by H.A. Goodman

Title: Logic of Demons
Written by: H.A. Goodman
Release date: July, 2010
Pages: 272
Source: Received for Review

My Feelings:


Description:
WHAT WOULD YOU DO if the love of your life was murdered by a deranged killer? Would you become a vigilante and seek retribution? And would this revenge affect those you care for in the afterlife?

LOGIC OF DEMONS The Quest for Nadine's Soul takes you on a journey inside the psyches of men and women forced to deal with the supernatural consequences of their decisions. Through the lives of a demon, two Angels, and a mysterious teenage girl, a plethora of politically and socially relevant issues ranging from the roots of genocide and sex trafficking to child conscription and religious fundamentalism are addressed in this fantasy thriller. Life as well as the afterlife converge in this novel to explain certain peculiarities of the human condition. Whether you are a God fearing individual or an atheist, LOGIC OF DEMONS The Quest for Nadine's Soul addresses moral and theological issues of interest for people of all backgrounds.

My Review:
If you read my blog frequently you can tell that I adore paranormal books. I cannot get enough of them. So when the writer asked me if I wanted to read and review Logic of Demons I immediately said ‘Yes, I accept’. And I am glad I did, because it delivered!

Devin is the main character of this story. He has to deal with a terrible loss and he’s feeling guilty. He’s also very naïve and doesn’t think things trough. His mind is fixated on locating his wife and can’t see the trouble he’s getting himself into. At times very selfish and annoying.

There where a lot of characters in this story and each one of them had a major part in it. I felt that Nadine’s story wasn’t fully described. I would have loved to learn more about this character, as she plays a big role in the story.

The plot is amazing. There are a lot of twist and turns and even a surprise at the end which I didn’t see coming. Even though the book is described as young adult, I think adults are a better audience for this story. Devin and all the other characters, except Nadine are older then 19.

Logic of Demons got you thinking about what’s right and what’s wrong. Is it wrong to take justice in your own hands or take revenge on someone who has done you harm? And even if you do take justice in your own hands there are always consequences that you don’t see coming.

All in all, I really enjoyed Logic of Demons.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (17 december 2010 om 07:20)  

Sounds good. Gotta love a fantastic plot :)

Melissa  – (17 december 2010 om 08:07)  

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed this, Nina! It's a bit more adult than I'm used to, but I thought it was SO well done, and really really deep. Great review :)

YA Vampire Books  – (17 december 2010 om 09:05)  

Great review! Haven't heard of this book before, but it sounds really interesting!

Blodeuedd  – (17 december 2010 om 09:17)  

The cover does nothing for me, but glad to hear the book is better :)

Alyssa@Teens Read and Write  – (17 december 2010 om 10:53)  

Sounds like fun - I love surprising twists!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (17 december 2010 om 11:54)  

Sounds interesting and dark. So glad you enjoyed it. I will have to check it out.

BURIED IN BOOKS  – (18 december 2010 om 05:57)  

I've heard great things about this novel too, but not a lot of press. Too bad. I'd like to read it along with a thousand other books!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (18 december 2010 om 07:27)  

i like that there are a lot of characters in this one!!

Aik  – (18 december 2010 om 21:02)  

This book sounds really amazing, but I haven't heard much about it.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP