The Lying Game by Sara Shepard

Title: The Lying Game
Written by: Sara Shepard
Release date: December, 2010
Pages: 307
Source: Netgalley, Harperteen

My Feelings:


Description:
Foster kid Emma Paxton has only just discovered Sutton Mercer, the wealthy twin sister she never knew she had, when Sutton drops off the face of the earth, asking Emma to cover for her at home, school, and with her friends—just for a few days. At first Emma enjoys trying on her sister’s fabulous life: her fiercely loyal friends, her adoring boyfriend, her close-knit family. But as Emma is drawn deeper into Sutton’s world she finds the friends are not so fabulous, the boyfriend is not who she wants to be with, and the family is clinging to long-buried secrets and a veneer of functionality. And worst of all, Sutton may not be coming back. In fact, someone may have made sure she never could…and that someone knows Emma is not who she claims to be. Emma will need all her wits to survive The Lying Game.

My Review:
I love to write a review when I can tell you readers that I added Sara Shepard to my list of favourite authors. Her writing is very good and I adored every minute of this book.

Emma Paxton is a young girl who has dealt with a lot of issues in her past. She has grown up with different foster parents and that made her a very strong girl. I really liked Emma. She doesn’t feel like the unfortunate one, and she wants to change the situation she is in. I liked her strength.
The plot is great. From the start the mystery begins and you get absorbed in the story.

The story is told trough Emma, but at times it’s intertwined with the voice of Sutton. It makes the story more intense. There are a lot of suspects and every time I had one in my mind, she did something that I thought no, wait, it couldn’t be.

The ending leaves you with a lot of questions and I do hope the sequel comes fast in 2011, because I cannot wait.

Christina/Book Addict  – (3 december 2010 om 04:47)  

Great review! I've been hearing a lot of great things about this book and after reading your review, you've convinced me to get a copy! Hopefully I can read it over my holiday break. The author actually grew up in my neighborhood where I lived when I was a kid!

Jenny  – (3 december 2010 om 07:51)  

Yeah! I loved this one as well, and I definitely agree that getting a mix of both Sutton and Emma makes the story much more interesting and intense. I have so many questions and, like you, can't wait for book 2! Fabulous review:)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (3 december 2010 om 08:02)  

Sounds cool.
I like the cover.
Doesn't the model remind you of a darker haired Piper Perabo?

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (3 december 2010 om 09:11)  

i love the tv show!! i've only read the first book, but it sounds like the books are getting better and better :)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (3 december 2010 om 11:06)  

NO! Not a cliffhanger?!

I just started hearing good things about this book. This is one I would have passed, but now will consider it. Thanks for the review!

Blodeuedd  – (3 december 2010 om 11:07)  

I do like when twins change places and this one certainly seems to have a lot of deep dark secrets

Jessica (BookLover)  – (3 december 2010 om 12:49)  

I am so looking forward to this one now!

Shy  – (4 december 2010 om 05:22)  

I am ashamed to say that I have never really touch any book written by this author. By the sound of your review, this book surely sound like a good one! I think I'll have to request it on Netgalley and see if I enjoy it!

p.s. I wonder if you received the email I sent you yesterday?

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (4 december 2010 om 07:45)  

I just read this one and I thought it was a lot of fun too! I can't wait to see what happens next. I'm looking forward to finding out more about Ethan!

Jenny N.  – (4 december 2010 om 23:29)  

I haven't read her PLL series but I'm hoping to read this one since its the beginning of a new series.

YA Vampire Books  – (5 december 2010 om 13:44)  

Great review! After watching Pretty Little Liars on TV I've been wanting to try Sara's books!

Aik  – (18 december 2010 om 21:06)  

I've always wanted to read this book! I've even considered buying the boxed set online.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP