Sudden Death (Striker) by Nick Hale

Title: Sudden Death
Written by: Nick Hale
Release date: June, 2010
Pages: 336
Source: Egmont UK

My Feelings:


Description:
Meet Jake Bastin - talented teenage footballer, son of England's top coach and last line of defence against international terrorism - he is Striker. Jake's dad has been posted to Russia to train Igor Popov's multi-million-pound all-star team. But people are being killed - a football scout, a journalist and an eco-scientist are all murdered.

My Review:
Jungle Kill was my first book that was out of the box. As you may have read in a previous post I like actions movies, no scratch that I love them. It’s truly my fathers fault as he only watched those kinds of movies and his favourite movies where Die Hard and Lethal Weapon. Even with me loving these kinds of movies, I never picked up a book that was about soldiers, had weapons involved or any of those types of books that are always a good give a way for guys. I am also not a big fan of soccer, football, basketball or really any kind of sport except tennis and ballet. So I was really surprised that I enjoyed this story.

Jake Bastin hasn’t got the easy life you would expect from a son of a famous football coach. Jake has been moved around since he was a little kid and he never felt at home with his parents. Jake was a real action hero, he wants to find out the truth and trusted no one, not even his own father. At times I thought that Jake’s character was a little bit too brave. I mean a normal 16 year old boy would not do all the things he did. But then again, what is normal about the story?

The story was fast paced and kept me dizzy at some points. The action scenes were really good and I could just picture it in front of me. Yes, I do have a vivid imagination. I had a good idea who committed the murders, but as 99% from the time, I was wrong. And I have to say, I am glad I was.

Sudden Death will not appeal to everyone, but if you love a good mystery entwined with danger and suspense this is the book you should add to your list.

Melissa  – (1 december 2010 om 09:01)  

I love me a good mystery, and this totally appeals to me! Great review, Nina! :)

Jessica (BookLover)  – (1 december 2010 om 09:12)  

5 hearts!
I love a well done mystery/suspense. I'll look this one up. :)

Nina  – (1 december 2010 om 09:29)  

No need too, if you enter the contest you have a chance to win it. :P

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (1 december 2010 om 12:04)  

Fast paced mystery with suspense? Sounds good. Adding to wishlist... :)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (1 december 2010 om 14:41)  

I love that you read such different stuff. Bravo. Great review :)

Vivien  – (2 december 2010 om 15:27)  

This looks great! Wonderful review.

GABY  – (8 december 2010 om 15:27)  

Sounds like my kind of book: fast paced and full of action!!

Aleetha  – (13 december 2010 om 19:55)  

wow 5/5. I'd love to read this book

Aik  – (18 december 2010 om 21:10)  

I LOVE watching action movies, but like you, I rarely pick up a book about war, soldiers etc. But this book sounds so interesting!

Pisinat  – (19 december 2010 om 02:49)  

I looove this knid of book, with suspense and action!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP