The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell

Title: The Carrie Diaries
Written by: Candace Bushnell
Release date: April, 2010
Pages: 400
Source: Bought

My Feelings:


Description:
Before Carrie Bradshaw hit the big time in the City, she was a regular girl growing up in the suburbs of Connecticut. How did she turn into one of the most-read social observers of our generation?

The Carrie Diaries opens up in Carrie's senior year of high school. She and her best friends -- Walt, Lali, Maggie, and the Mouse -- are inseparable, amid the sea of Jens, Jocks and Jets. And then Sebastian Kydd comes into the picture. Sebastian is a bad boy-older, intriguing, and unpredictable. Carrie falls into the relationship that she was always supposed to have in high school-until a friend's betrayal makes her question everything. With her high school days coming to a close, Carrie will realize it's finally time to go after everything she ever wanted.

Rabid fans of Sex and the City will love seeing Carrie Bradshaw evolve from a regular girl into a sharp, insightful writer. They'll learn about her family background -- how she found her writing voice, and the indelible impression her early friendships and relationships left on her. We'll see what brings Carrie to her beloved New York City, where the next Carrie Diaries book will take place.

My Review:
Hearing from other bloggers that there was a book about the younger Carrie Bradshaw, I knew I had to get this. I was such a huge fan of the show Sex and The City and watching the reruns and the two movies again and again, I needed more. And yes I got it.

Carrie is such a fun outgoing, already addicted on cigarettes kind of girl. She is a typical teenager who wants to get a relationship with the popular bad boy and when she finally gets what she wants trouble begin. The way she handled herself in situations where funny and typical Carrie. And we get to see some glimpses of the older Carrie, which I totally adored. Finally we get to know what happened in her childhood, as this was never mentioned in the show, and therefore I feel like I know this character a little better.

Oh the way this story ended I thought was wonderful. I don’t want to give too much away, but someone who plays a big role in her adult life comes in the picture.

The Carrie Diaries is a wonderful story about growing up, finding and starting to love yourself.
If you adored the show, you must not missed this. It’s chicklit at it’s best.

Christina/Book Addict  – (3 januari 2011 om 06:39)  

Great review! I also really enjoyed this book and I LOVED the ending as well. I'm so glad you liked it and I look forward to the sequel....can't wait!

Melissa  – (3 januari 2011 om 06:48)  

I haven't read this because I wasn't a fan of SATC, but I hear the book is great even if you didn't like the show. Great thoughts, Nina! :)

Jessica (BookLover)  – (3 januari 2011 om 10:36)  

I've been hearing good things about this book. I might have to try it. :)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (3 januari 2011 om 12:13)  

I wasn't a fan of the show so I don't think this one is for me, but I loved your review. Loved the hint without the answer! :)

Kelsey  – (3 januari 2011 om 12:49)  

This sounds great- I definitely will have to check it out. Nice review :)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (3 januari 2011 om 14:22)  

Sounds fun :) Thanks for keeping it spoiler free :)

hmsgofita  – (3 januari 2011 om 14:22)  

Haven't ever watched the show...but looks interesting!

Jenny N.  – (3 januari 2011 om 14:42)  

I'm a fan of the show too and my cousin has a copy so I'll probably end up borrowing it from her to read.

Michelle  – (3 januari 2011 om 15:06)  

My friend really wanted to read this one but wasn't so sure how it would be. She's a big Sex and the City fan as well. I should encourage her to get it!

Lauren  – (4 januari 2011 om 05:11)  

Yay I'm so glad you enjoyed this one because I did too!

....Petty Witter  – (4 januari 2011 om 06:51)  

Not a fan of Sex And The City but this sounds rather appealing, thanks for your recommendation.

Cleverly Inked  – (4 januari 2011 om 07:27)  

I am still not sure about this one. I may give it a chance. Glad you enjoyed it.

Lisa  – (4 januari 2011 om 08:49)  

I'm a Sex and the City fan too and this book is on my TBR pile. Great review...intriguing yet not giving away too much!

Cari  – (6 januari 2011 om 19:07)  

I have this on my to read pile

notinthepink.com  – (16 januari 2011 om 05:09)  

I think this book would drive me nuts because I'm more a fan of the TV show than the book. In the TV show, wasn't Carrie's high school sweetheart called Jeremy? (Played by David Duchovny) hahaha.

And I never knew Carrie wasn't an authentic New Yorker. :P Will have to give it a go.


~*~*~

Ceri

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP