Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.


The Netherlands - The United States

What I like about the Dutch cover is that the colour 'blue' really stands out. The girl looking at the probably blue moon gets my interest. I would immediately pick it up just to find out what the story is about. The girl on the US cover looks a bit older than a young adult, but hey that happens and it's too bad we cannot see her entire face. I like the font they used on the US cover. I think it's really beautiful and it looks like glow in the dark stickers. I don't really know what the background of the US cover is, but if I look up closely it looks like a city. The name of the author could have been on a better spot than right there in the neck of the girl. So, this week I will go for the Dutch cover.

By the way: This book is the second book in the Immortals series. Therefore I looked the first one up, but to my suprise they didn't change that cover a lot. It's almost the same as the US cover. Almost!

The Netherlands - The United States

I really like the US cover a bit more than the Dutch cover.

Here you can find the description of the first and the second book!

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

Blodeuedd  – (4 januari 2011 om 14:33)  

For the first one, tough choice, but the blue and yellow really stands out on the Dutch one.

As for the second...US, by a thin marginal

La Coccinelle  – (4 januari 2011 om 14:33)  

I prefer both US covers, actually.

Jenny N.  – (4 januari 2011 om 15:39)  

I like the Dutch one for Blue Moon and the American cover for Evermore. I've seen the pic of the girl on the Evermore cover used for several different books before.

Michelle  – (4 januari 2011 om 15:45)  

They're both pretty similar but I prefer the US covers for both. I like the use of the background photo more especially for Blue Moon.

Christina/Book Addict  – (4 januari 2011 om 15:53)  

I like the US cover for Evermore, but the Dutch one for Blue Moon....very cool either way--thanks for sharing them with us!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (4 januari 2011 om 16:22)  

US for Blue Moon (she has eyes!)
US girl in Evermore but the Dutch flowers in Evermore. Marry those two and I'd be happy. :)

Shannon the BookStalker  – (4 januari 2011 om 17:24)  

I can't decide, I like them both for different reasons. The Dutch covers have better coloring, IMO. Thanks for sharing, I love to see foreign book covers!

Book Monster  – (4 januari 2011 om 18:34)  

The Dutch catches my attention more. Though the story line is what got me interested in this series.

Jessica (BookLover)  – (4 januari 2011 om 18:40)  

You're right about the odd placement of the author's name on the US cover. Hmm.. that aside, my vote goes to US covers.

Anna  – (4 januari 2011 om 20:33)  

I love the Dutch covers, the colors are so much more vivid and eye-catching!

Natalie (Mindful Musings)  – (4 januari 2011 om 23:24)  

Lol! I'm the exact opposite of you. I think I would pick the US cover for Blue Moon and the Dutch cover for Evermore!

Shy  – (5 januari 2011 om 04:47)  

Believe it or not, I am not the fan of either one as I love the latest UK's covers better (I think it is UK). Have a look here

....Petty Witter  – (5 januari 2011 om 06:35)  

I'm with you - the Dutch cover for the first book, I really like the blue and the girls eyes, and the US cover for the second book, why I'm not too sure.

Lauren  – (5 januari 2011 om 14:17)  

For Blue Moon, I LOVE the UK cover. It's way more eye-catching and has a better blue than the US one. For Evermore, I like the US one more because I think it goes with the book better.

hmsgofita  – (5 januari 2011 om 15:02)  

I also like the blue on the Dutch cover but overall I like the US one better.

Jessica Lawlor  – (5 januari 2011 om 18:57)  

I actually kinda like the US cover...it's so weird to me that the covers are different, yet so similar! I've seen lots of other books where the covers are completely different, but I think its kind of unique that this one has just the slightest differences.

Cari  – (6 januari 2011 om 19:05)  

The Dutch covers are great!

notinthepink.com  – (16 januari 2011 om 05:37)  

I got to go for the US Cover as my favourite for both books. :)

~*~*~

Ceri

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP