Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.

The Netherlands - The United States

I do not like the Dutch cover one bit! It looks like an add in a teen magazine! A very bad one.The wallpaper is fun, I don't like the colour, but the patron is nice. Also the title is too big on the Dutch cover. The US cover is just okay, nothing spectacular going on there either. Just a phone with a picture on it. But I like the font for the title better and the different colours they are using there. I have seen the paperback version of the book and I love that one more.

Here you can find the description of the book!

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (18 januari 2011 om 08:41)  

I think I vote US in this case :)

Did I tell you I always love this feature?

Nina  – (18 januari 2011 om 08:45)  

Thank you for loving it! :)

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (18 januari 2011 om 08:49)  

I love this feature too!

In this case, I think the Dutch cover is too busy. There's too much going on. Doesn't work for me at all! I prefer the simplicity of the US cover.

Blodeuedd  – (18 januari 2011 om 09:18)  

I have to pic the Dutch cos the US is too white, but too much happening on the Dutch one though

Christina/Book Addict  – (18 januari 2011 om 09:38)  

I'd vote with the US cover as well. The Dutch one is a bit too distracting--too much going on!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (18 januari 2011 om 11:34)  

I'll go with the US one. Better to have lots of space than too many things going on.

YA Vampire Books  – (18 januari 2011 om 13:08)  

Neither cover is especially good or interesting, but if I have to chose I'll go with the US :P

Jenny N.  – (18 januari 2011 om 13:25)  

The Dutch one looks a little too busy with the wallpaper and the picture frames. Also I think the Dutch cover has more of a middle grade feel. I like the US one more. It's plain but the white background would make it stand out more on shelves.

Marce  – (18 januari 2011 om 17:47)  

I don't think either are good, they look like 1st drafts to me. I do prefer the Dutch cover though but it looks like middle grade. I love purple so I think that is what helped.

Jessica (BookLover)  – (18 januari 2011 om 20:17)  

US - I like the font and the transition of colors. :)

Melissa (i swim for oceans)  – (19 januari 2011 om 07:50)  

I think I love the US in this case because it looks much cleaner :)

GABY  – (19 januari 2011 om 10:35)  

You are right. The white one is best, but nothing amazing.

Lauren  – (19 januari 2011 om 16:00)  

I don't like the Dutch cover at all so I'm going with the US one this time. Though, I like the US paperback the best out of all the covers for this one.

Lily Child  – (22 januari 2011 om 03:34)  

Hmmmm...I think I'd pick the US cover in this case! :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP