Glimmerglass by Jenna Black

Title: Glimmerglass
Written by: Jenna Black
Release date: May, 2010
Pages: 294
Source: Bought
Part of: Horror & Urban Fantasy Challenge

My Feelings:


Description:
It’s all she’s ever wanted to be, but it couldn’t be further from her grasp…
Dana Hathaway doesn’t know it yet, but she’s in big trouble. When her alcoholic mom shows up at her voice recital drunk, again, Dana decides she’s had enough and runs away to find her mysterious father in Avalon: the only place on Earth where the regular, everyday world and the captivating, magical world of Faerie intersect. But from the moment Dana sets foot in Avalon, everything goes wrong, for it turns out she isn't just an ordinary teenage girl—she's a Faeriewalker, a rare individual who can travel between both worlds, and the only person who can bring magic into the human world and technology into Faerie.
Soon, Dana finds herself tangled up in a cutthroat game of Fae politics. Someone's trying to kill her, and everyone seems to want something from her, from her newfound friends and family to Ethan, the hot Fae guy Dana figures she’ll never have a chance with… until she does. Caught between two worlds, Dana isn’t sure where she’ll ever fit in and who can be trusted, not to mention if her world will ever be normal again…

My Review:
I absolutely loved Glimmerglass and therefore I say it loud and clear if the second book in the Faeriewalker is as good as the first one, it will become my absolute favourite series EVER.

I liked Dana’s character. She is independent, fierce and at times very na├»ve. Her decisions where not always thought trough, but that made her a realistic character and one I can relate too. I liked the other characters too, but as Dana I had a hard time figuring them out and if they truly where good or not.
Aunt Grace reminded me of Nicole Kidman in The Golden Compass, I thought all the characters including Dana where just misjudging here. But then her real personality came out and I was shocked to know the truth.

The plot, what can I say about the plot other than it’s totally addictive. Once you step on the ride, you don’t want to get off. There’s a bit of romance there, and it looks like that in the next book there will be a love triangle. At this moment I probably go for the bad boy Keane. Sorry Ethan, but some of you actions where a bit off.

Glimmerglass is a book you should get. With it I found a new favourite series and new favourite author. I definitely recommend you all to read it.

Natalie (Mindful Musings)  – (26 januari 2011 om 09:54)  

So glad to hear that you enjoyed this one! I've had a copy sitting on my shelf for awhile, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. The cover is gorgeous too!

Shy  – (26 januari 2011 om 10:56)  

I definitely have to go find this book! Quite regret that I didn't grab it the time I saw it couple of months back though =( Seriously hope that this is the book that will make me fall in love with faeries!

Blodeuedd  – (26 januari 2011 om 12:30)  

Sounds good! I would love to be swept away by a faerie book, because it has not happened so far but there is a time for everything

joanna  – (26 januari 2011 om 12:42)  

Wow, this sounds great! Kind of reminds me of Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr, have you read that?

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (26 januari 2011 om 14:09)  

I've enjoyed this one too. Oh, I can't wait to get Faeriewalker.

Jessica (BookLover)  – (26 januari 2011 om 22:26)  

Great review! You can't go wrong with an addictive plot. :)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (27 januari 2011 om 10:42)  

Totally addictive? Awesome. I must read this. Great review!

Melissa (i swim for oceans)  – (27 januari 2011 om 10:59)  

How have I not read this? I'm in the mood for something fresh with fabulous characters. I'm adding this to my pile now. Great review, Nina :)

Kelsey  – (27 januari 2011 om 13:27)  

This has been in my TBR for awhile- I'll have to read it soon :)

Great review!

brizmus  – (27 januari 2011 om 15:30)  

you've convinced me - I'll absolutely be reading this book. Wow! I can't believe you loved it that much!

Nina  – (28 januari 2011 om 02:28)  

joanna: I read Wicked Lovely! One of my favourite series. It was soo good. I still need to read the last two books. ;)

hmsgofita  – (28 januari 2011 om 09:58)  

Just added this one to my TBR pile! I love recommendations for new series'! Sounds like a fun one!

YA Vampire Books  – (31 januari 2011 om 11:18)  

Wow this review really made me put this book on my wishlist!

Tara  – (31 januari 2011 om 23:07)  

I have been on the fence on whether to read this or not! It sounds really great! I'm off to goodreads to add it to my tbr! :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP